• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

used PC, how much would you say...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gohanhd

A used computer with

Case: CM Storm Enforcer - Gaming Mid Tower Computer Case with USB 3.0 and Water Cooling Support
Ram:G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge Quad-Core 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W BX80623I52500K Desktop
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
CPU cooler:Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120mm PWM Fan
GPU: gtx 770

Would sell for? (planing to sell to my uncle or friend from work)

Last edited:
$325?

What about the system drive type and size (HDD or SSSD)? You don't mention this, just that it's Windows 7 so I assume there is a system drive.

What is the make and wattage of the PSU?

500(around ish) GB HDD and CORSAIR CX Series CX500 500W 80 PLUS BRONZE Active PFC ATX12V & EPS12V Power Supply.

Okay, I think my original estimate is probably good then. You can upgrade that to Windows 10 for free you know. Microsoft is still honoring that.

You can upgrade that to Windows 10 for free you know. Microsoft is still honoring that.

I would definitely do this, as most casual buyers want the latest (even if most of us think Windows 7 is fine).

Not sure about $325 though. That's a rather old processor, and being that it's the single most valuable component and sells for $50-75 on eBay, you would be hard pressed to find someone willing to spend $300+ on this system. I'm thinking closer to $200, if you're lucky.

Think in terms of used prices. Search eBay for the part and select "completed items" on the left side to get an idea of what the parts sell for. Then subtract 10-15% for eBay and Paypal costs.

I can upgrade to windows 10 still?(thought thats was over) Im not really thinking I will a lot for it, just trying to get rid of 1 of the 3 computers I have lol Thanks for the help.

I would definitely do this, as most casual buyers want the latest (even if most of us think Windows 7 is fine).

Not sure about $325 though. That's a rather old processor, and being that it's the single most valuable component and sells for $50-75 on eBay, you would be hard pressed to find someone willing to spend $300+ on this system. I'm thinking closer to $200, if you're lucky.

Think in terms of used prices. Search eBay for the part and select "completed items" on the left side to get an idea of what the parts sell for. Then subtract 10-15% for eBay and Paypal costs.

I was thinking around 200 or so as well. Not sure I would pay more than that for those pieces together.

Ok, do you have to do a clean install or can you upgrade windows 7 with Microsoft windows 10 download?

You can upgrade. Micro$oft only stopped pushing the *forced* upgrades, but the Windows 7/8 to 10 activation infrastructure is still all functioning [at least as of 2 months ago, the last time I performed an in-place upgrade]. This also works for clean installs, it will give you the option during setup and I believe the media created is also bootable, simply enter your Windows 7/8 key when prompted.

You can also make an upgrade DVD if that's more to your liking.

You would need to download the ISO and use something like Rufus if you want an installer in DVD format I believe.

Another little known fact is that with the Media Creation Tool website you can create one USB installer that has both 32-bit and 64-bit versions by using the drop down arrow on the web page.

I use the USB installer all the time in my business and in the non profits I support. It's a good idea to create a new installer twice a year after the Fall and Spring "feature" updates that Microsoft is now building their Windows 10 update strategy around. Having the Feature update included in the installer really saves time and also lessons the possibility of updates not installing correctly.

Last edited:
Thanks, I did the DVD OS with Microsoft Media Creation Tool.

Okay, I stand corrected then. But I'm not sure you can create a DVD installer with both 32-bit and 64-bit versions unless you use two DVDs. Don't think there would be enough room on one DVD for both.

Last edited:
Back