• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Venturing Into Water Cooling. and need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
blocks not in stock.

need a relay for the pump (crazypc has good price on the DC pumps i think)

the rad need to make sure you can fit it, need mounting hardware, need shroud, need high flow fans.

The MCW6002-64 block is not in stock even at Swiftech. I believe it will be two weeks before they are back in stock again. As for the rest of your system, have you considered getting a DC pump. Check out the Monthly roundup sticky on the top of the page for the best components available now. From what I see you have everything looks good except I would put a T-line in instead of a reservior, but that is a personal preference.

BTW, all the parts you need for a cheaper price at VoyeurMods. Don't know how they keep their prices low, but they do, and they are a good site. Just ordered a bunch of stuff from them and have used them a couple of times in the past. This is their Resellerrating so you don't have to worry about shopping from them.

well i was gunna get a MCP-650 but it isnt as powerfull as the L35

and im getting a Dual shroud for the heatercore and space/mounting isnt a problem ... also putting 2x 125CFM 120MM fans on heatercore

and it will prolly be about 2-3 weeks before i order stuff to block can waite thats fine

i would hate to pay your shipping bill.

find one place that can order all of what you need and even if hey charge slightly more you will save on shipping.

also go with a DC pump. no relay needed . you wont get full power from the L35 if you dont know how to set up your system perfectly. oh and if you havent got a rheo then buy ear plugs

tw33k2514 said:
well i was gunna get a MCP-650 but it isnt as powerfull as the L35

Actually the MCP650 is more powerful than the L35. The L35 may have slightly more flow rate than the MCP650 (317GPH vs 320GPH), but the MCP650 has much higher head than the L35 (120" vs 75") which is more important than flow rate in a restrictive setup such as in a watercooling loop. Go with the DC pump, you won't need a relay and you will get better performance.

Last edited:
Ok MCP-650 it is ...$70 bucks tho... but o well thats what ya pay for goodness lol

O and look what i found..just about the only block that will fit on my DFI NF4 chipset

http://www.mips-computer.de/ its at the top just look for the lanparty one ..sweet find

tw33k2514 said:
Ok MCP-650 it is ...$70 bucks tho... but o well thats what ya pay for goodness lol

If you're going to use a DC pump, get the AquaExtreme 50z rather than the MCP-650 (Laing Ecocirc D4). The specs are very similar and the 50z doesn't have the irritating whine.

another vote for the 50z and get a tdx block w/ 4 plate if you want a 2 barb block, or a RBX or whitewater, for a 3 barb block

itchy5 said:
another vote for the 50z and get a tdx block w/ 4 plate if you want a 2 barb block, or a RBX or whitewater, for a 3 barb block

I'd forget about the RBX (or any other 3-barb block for that matter) and just stick with the TDX. The RBX gives slightly better performance, but the ease of use of the TDX far outweighs any performance advantage. Oh, and I'm currently running an RBX and what little performance gain I should have certainly hasn't been worth the extra effort I've expended!

MVC said:
I'd forget about the RBX (or any other 3-barb block for that matter) and just stick with the TDX. The RBX gives slightly better performance, but the ease of use of the TDX far outweighs any performance advantage. Oh, and I'm currently running an RBX and what little performance gain I should have certainly hasn't been worth the extra effort I've expended!

3 barbs > 2 barbs lol (its just me) i stick w/ 3 barbs where ever i can, i know im weird :cool:

itchy5 said:
3 barbs > 2 barbs lol (its just me) i stick w/ 3 barbs where ever i can, i know im weird :cool:

You're not weird. I've done the same. But I've reached the point where there needs to be some REAL benefit from the additional effort--and right now, with the crop of current blocks, there isn't.

Think about it, if there was a real benefit to having that third barb, Cather would have added it to the G4 and the G5, but both of them are two-barbed blocks. I'm just going to follow Cathar's lead in this, and as soon as my G5 gets here I'll have an RBX for sale. Make you a good deal? :D

Back