• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista Scores Overall What's yours?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
5.9 overall score with the system seen below:

cpu - intel core 2 quad q6600 (b3) 2.4 @ 3.0 (9*333)
ram - 2 x 1gb pc2 8500 5-5-5-15-T2 @ 533 mhz
gpu - msi geforce 8800gts 640 mb
hdd - 2 x seagate barracuda 7200.10 320 gb (raid 0)

core2quad_wei.png

Last edited:
5.9 Calucations Per second
5.9.Memory operations
5.9 Desktop Performance Aero Crap
5.9 3d Graphics
5.3 ======I guess 2 Raptors and a 200Gig dont cut it these days.

Overall score 5.3???>>?????

I guess a Q6600 @ almost 3700Mhz doesnt get a 6.0. Isnt this like the fastest cpu u could possibly have?????? Maybe they go by model numbers and not just the Mhz the cpu is running at. If they do this whole scale is bogus.

5_point_7.jpg

hi'
I do think it's pretty a crappy thing, it just gives you the lowest note of the "overall" :(
you'd better bench with testLab 2008 or sandra lite, then you'll see what's your bottleneck, in my case with a score of 5.4, I'm going to change my video card for a 8600gts, and I'll still get 5.4 with the vista crap, but testLab will tell me that everything are ok ....

all the rest was on 5.9 except the hdd (5.4)...
but in fact it's my video card that brings a bottleneck im my system ...

think what you want, but to discover your system bottleneck, nothing better that an ext soft ;)

i686

ps: TestLab 2008 can be found easy, google it, I got a link but it's a french one, sorry.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz 5.9
Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB 5.9
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 5.9
Gaming graphics 2686 MB Total available graphics memory 5.9
Primary hard disk 41GB Free (100GB Total) 5.9

Overall 5.9 :)

5.9 Calucations Per second
5.9.Memory operations
5.9 Desktop Performance Aero Crap
5.9 3d Graphics
5.3 ======I guess 2 Raptors and a 200Gig dont cut it these days.

Overall score 5.3???>>?????

I guess a Q6600 @ almost 3700Mhz doesnt get a 6.0. Isnt this like the fastest cpu u could possibly have?????? Maybe they go by model numbers and not just the Mhz the cpu is running at. If they do this whole scale is bogus.

First off 6.0 is impossible to get currently til MS revises the number system (well raises it I should say). As well overall score takes your lowest total. So raid doesn't matter its overall HDD space that counts.

all of my junk is the in the 5's except for the ram which got a 4.5, not sure if its because I have 1GB or because its some cheap gskill ram. It is 4-4-4-12 @ 800 but its the non crucial chip type. I did just download more rams from newegg so I should find out in a couple days if it makes a difference.

Its because it's 1 gig.

I don't think windows knows the difference... you could have 4GB of SDRAM and I'm sure it would give you a 5.9.

cpu: 5.3
mem: 5.9
aero: 5.9
3D: 5.8
HDD: 5.4

hmmm....

do you guys think this works properly? i do, but if it does, then some peoples set ups arent giving them the performance they should be getting!!

i'm sure i read somewhere in vista that 3.2ghz for your cpu should give you a 5.9 score! and it seems that some peoples mem is way short unless its different than your telling us in sig as i have 2gig 667 that gives 5.9 even before i upped it to 800!

does anyone also get 5.9 for their HDDs in raid with 2 normal HDs? 8mb or 16mb cache? i wanna know if its worth it?

Back