• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista Scores Overall What's yours?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I get 5.9 on everything but GPU. I get 5.8 on graphics and its driving me nuts. I'll feel much better when I get that last point.

mswindows58op1.jpg

is there really a 6.0? I've never heard or seen one.

obtw, hey there everyone!!! Noob City here :beer:

my sig is the machine it tested. Quad might get u 5.9. I was at 5.7 until I OC'd from 3.2 to 3.6 and that gave me the extra point. Unless of course they changed their mapping system. I might test it at 3.9 to see now that I'm using my new TEC Cooler--it's a beautiful piece of craftmanship btw.

Pkirk618 said:
my sig is the machine it tested. Quad might get u 5.9. I was at 5.7 until I OC'd from 3.2 to 3.6 and that gave me the extra point. Unless of course they changed their mapping system. I might test it at 3.9 to see now that I'm using my new TEC Cooler--it's a beautiful piece of craftmanship btw.

My CPU at think it was 3.2Ghz gave me 5.9 on score it doesn't take much PCU wise to do that.

vistarating.jpg

Not bad for a 1 year old CPU :p (this is the one in my sig btw)

lolonboardlappygpu.jpg

I was surprised that not only was my laptop (1.66ghz Core Duo, 1GB RAM) able to use Aero, but its onboard Intel 945 chipset can outperform a Geforce FX5200 or Radeon 9600. Even more surprising because it ran incredibly slow in Windows XP. It must have been all the bloatware Sony put on there that breaks the computer if you take it off :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I have 5.9 across the board, save for my 5.3 CPU score. Thus, overall score of 5.3.

For power users, the Vista score is useless.

Airbornederekc said:
my score is a 5.8 and thats only because of my memory. everythign else maxed out at 5.9

You have 4gig of memory why would that hurt your score at all?

Code:
More details about my computer  

Component Details Subscore Base score 
Processor Dual Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 165 5.0 5.0 
  Determined by lowest subscore 

Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB 5.4 
Graphics Radeon X1900 Series 5.9 
Gaming graphics 1279 MB Total available graphics memory 5.8 
Primary hard disk 137GB Free (373GB Total) 5.6 
Windows Vista (TM) Ultimate 

System   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer 939M2 
  Model 939Dual-SATA2 
  Total amount of system memory 2.00 GB RAM 
  System type 32-bit operating system 
  Number of processor cores 2 
  64-bit capable Yes 

Storage   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 834 GB 
  Disk partition (C:) 39 GB Free (114 GB Total) 
  Disk partition (D:) 145 GB Free (233 GB Total) 
  Disk partition (E:) 43 GB Free (114 GB Total) 
  Disk partition (F:) 137 GB Free (373 GB Total) 
  Media drive (G:) CD/DVD 
  Media drive (I:) CD/DVDCD/DVD 

Graphics   

Display adapter type Radeon X1900 Series 
  Total available graphics memory 1279 MB 
        Dedicated graphics memory 512 MB 
        Dedicated system memory 0 MB 
        Shared system memory 767 MB 
  Display adapter driver version 8.342.0.0 
  Primary monitor resolution 1280x1024 
  Secondary monitor resolution 1024x768 
  DirectX version DirectX 9.0 or better 

Network   

Network Adapter NETGEAR MA111 802.11b Wireless USB Adapter 
  Network Adapter Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter

Just want to let everyone know that I'm still mad about my GPU holding my score at 5.8 when deathman gets 5.9 with a lesser graphics card.

hyperasus said:
Just want to let everyone know that I'm still mad about my GPU holding my score at 5.8 when deathman gets 5.9 with a lesser graphics card.

Only happened twice mines sitting at 5.8 currently. Like I said it has to be a glitch.

everything is 5.9 except memory i get 5.4 which i dont know why when i had ddr500 ram is was 5.9 now with ddr2 800 its 5.4 =/

yea probably nobody can get a 6. Oh well I'm just glad for most of my scores to be past 5...although the darn x1300 graphics card is holding be back.

lol i get 4.2 :p thats with rig in sig...
reason? everything score 5.9 EXCEPT the pentium d @ stock 2.8ghz....which scores 4.2... lol

i sooo need a c2d...

Back