• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vonkaar's-bender- chiller teaser pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I had a hard time telling WHERE the radiator was when i was looking at that 2nd pic.

It is ... sooo.... SHINY.... :drool:

It depends on a *lot* of factors. Most shops won't be able to quote a price unless they see the piece in person. The type of metal involved is also a big factor... brass is supposedly the easiest to work with so it's cheaper than Aluminum (probably the hardest). In addition, the quality of the metal is important... if you bring in something that has the surface smoothness of wrought-iron, it would take a *lot* of time to smooth it out enough to get a truly glossy finish. However, a well polished or at least 'smooth' piece of metal is a lot easier to polish, and is therefore cheaper.

My shroud was pretty much 'brushed' aluminum so it was pretty expensive. Some of the other pieces he's going to do are of much better 'start' quality, so they will be cheaper. Although, the first set of stuff I brought in received an estimate of about $450 to chrome, so... I'm exploring other options =p. Some of the stuff really won't have to be done, inner, non-visible components and such. I'm *really* hoping to bring everything down to $200'ish.

The guy is the best in Dallas though... I could probably get it done cheaper elsewhere, but this guy is crazy skilled. I was referenced by a low-rider guy that works at one of my clients companies. He did all the work on his car... take a look =p.

Before:
20_jpg.jpg

After:
345_jpg.jpg

Of course, the whole car was restored, so the second picture is showing a lot more than just the quality of the chrome, but... there it is. He's good ^_^.

WOW

:eek: That finish is amazing I can't wait to see what else you have in store Vonkaar. Keep up the awesome work;)

Thanks all ^_^.

It's still gonna be a while before I show more of the work being done... I'm actually starting to chrome my own pieces and it's a lot of work! Still, I've got a big source of experience to help me out and the pieces are pretty amazing.

I *did* finally get my little distribution blocks in. On top of the chiller, you'll see two of these little guys... giving out the positive power to the two sides of peltiers. The big blue LED and the LED voltometer is a LOT brighter than these pictures make them appear. Having my voltage displayed so prominently will not only LOOK sweet, they are quite practical as well! How much colder does the coolant get when I crank it up to 15v? Let's see!

shroud-switch.jpg

Oh yeah... that blue 8-guage wire is just standing in for the fuse. If I can find an ANL fuse for 30-40amps, I'd use that... but so far the smallest I can find is 60amps. I haven't looked that hard though, so... we'll see.

Anyway... yeah. I promise, I'm gonna share a bongload of pictures ya'll... and I'm gonna start a new thread. I'm just getting excited any time I get a new toy =p.

Wow thats crazy I dont know how you can afford all that chroming. Theres lots of parts on my go kart (which im restoring) that I want to get chrome plated but its simply too expensive...how do you do it? lol :(

Back