• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Coolers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Compression fittings add a lot of cleanliness to the case, and as far as I can tell are usually more secure, BUT, you can't ever really tell in advance if a tube is slipping off or something... you just have to trust them.
That and also they are easier to remove and dont need to buy new clamps every time you redone loop.
And you dont need to fiddle with screwdriver inside your case.
As for tubing slipping from compression fittings i doubt there is even someone strong enough here to pull them out if correctly secured :)

Placed a couple of orders :beer:

still looking into some of the parts hopng it all goes well and it doesnt end up like a rainy day :shrug:

Thanks for all your help.

EDIT : i am going with the Compression fittings

yeh good luck... just take it steady, any problems just ask everyone else knows what there talkin about :sly:

N wales & rainy days in a post.... too easy ;)

Some of my items were here this morning :)!

Reservoir

Tubing

Fittings

wanted to order all the little bits first, think i will get the rest tonight really looking forward to having a play with this will upload pictures of the process + complete setup :salute:

cool :)

I find most places in the UK will deliver inside a week... hardly huge (not sure how they found north wales? no one else seems to :D )

wouldnt work for me too good.... Derbyshire (Bhaaa Bhaaa Bleet)

Specialtech`s depot seems to be in S wales.... if you get anything from them check the invoce :)

Compression fittings add a lot of cleanliness to the case, and as far as I can tell are usually more secure, BUT, you can't ever really tell in advance if a tube is slipping off or something... you just have to trust them.

compressions: secure and safe when used properly, yes. safer? no.

i can pull the tubing out from my bits power compressions with a clean cut tube full over the barb and the compression ring tight. i cannot with a barb and gear clamps.

i still trust my compression fittings (right above my sound card) though.

just battery top-up deionised from Hallfords or a petrol station.

petras PT nuke and/or silver kill coil (you can grab both from chilled pc... kill coils were a bit rare here last I looked)

What do you do with the coil just place it in the Reservoir?

You can place it in the reservoir or in the tubing. It is really a matter of personal preference. I think in the tubing looks cleaner, and the flow of water won't move it around creating tapping noises like it would inside the res. I opted to go with Bitspower True Silver barbs in my blocks, since I would have had to use 45's to install compression fittings, and they have the same anti microbial properties as the kill coils. It only takes 4 of them (so I have read) to keep the nasties from growing in your loop.:thup:

yep woodzy snap - same stuff in my loop cheap and just the right stuff :)

deadlysyn - buffeting the coil around? who`d you get your pump from.... Red Adair? #Chuckles#
(ive got flow envy :rain:)

i will order a couple more then thanks can i put a coil in each bit of tubing or is that to much?

great i will get bottle of that then seems nice and cheap =)

yep woodzy snap - same stuff in my loop cheap and just the right stuff :)

deadlysyn - buffeting the coil around? who`d you get your pump from.... Red Adair? #Chuckles#
(ive got flow envy :rain:)

It's a Laing D5 Vario.:p I'm a bit of a performance freak, so I'm almost willing to bet that when I get the loop together, it will be on setting 5. I'm waiting on my fittings and tubing at this point.

i will order a couple more then thanks can i put a coil in each bit of tubing or is that to much?

great i will get bottle of that then seems nice and cheap =)

You can use as many coils as you want, but 1 or 2 should be plenty. Any more than that I would think is overkill.

you just need one coil in the flow somewhere.

I orderd two and just used one... not expecting to need the spare for a long time.

the volume of liquid isnt relivant its the exposure to the silver that is.

and yep the water will last you a long while two :)

the volume of liquid isnt relivant its the exposure to the silver that is.

From what I remember reading, the surface area of the silver in contact with the water flowing over it is more relevant than anything. It has been a while, so I may be wrong, but it seems like it makes sense to me.:beer:

deadlysyn - I`ve got a d5 set to 5 but my coil wont dance for me :rain: #Laughs#

What res do you have? If I use the right inlet and outlet locations on my MCRES V2 I can get one to dance around.:p

Back