• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WC Setup Results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cluster

So i got my wc rig setup, and spent some time getting some results from it. My setup right now is a D4 Pump with a custom res directly on top of the pump. EK Supreme cpu blcok, and the bonny heatercore. The rad has 2 120x38 San Ace fans pulling, and is fed via a cold air duct with 2 120x25 Sunons. Hosing is -60c rated Neoprene. Everything, WCing gear and my system, are enclosed in an insulated box, so the ambient temp is my intake temp + a few degrees coming from the rad. Listed temps are in idle/load format. Load temps are 30 minutes of Prime95.

Before i got into winding up the cold air duct, i did a few tests at ambient room temps of 19c.

Passive cooled rad(no fans):
Water : 25/33
CPU : 31/42

Single San Ace :
Water 22/27
CPU 27/35

Double San Ace :
Water 21c/25c
CPU 26c/33c

Very pleased with those results, even without the fans running, this heatercore is a monster. Keep in mind i wasnt overclocked for those results, so heat output should have only been ~150w with cpu + pump.

After i seen those results, i decided it was time to kick the rest of the gear into full boar. Ambient intake temp at the time was -12c, though i think i was getting some air leakeage somewhere before the rad. Also, i wasnt running at stock, as i was running benches at the time, and i had both SanAces screaming full boar. Processor was running at 3.5ghz from 2.5 and vcore was at 1.75 from 1.3, so much more thermal output here.

Water 1c/8c
CPU 11c/23c

I actually goofed on this and froze everything up. When i did the ambient runs i hadnt added any antifreeze into the mix, so it was straight distilled. Everything had run fine, the water was actually pushing hard into sub-zero, but because of the simple fact moving water doesnt freeze as easy, i hadn't realized how cold my water was(wasnt watching it). When i turned the pump off, my reservoir turned into an instant block of ice lol. At first i thought for sure my rad would have burst, put some heat on the rad, tossed some windshield washer into the res, cycled the pump a few times, and all was good. I suppose thats why on that run my idle water temps wouldnt read below 0, they were bouncing around 0.2-0.7 for the most part. Once i put the windshield washer in, i revved everything up again, and my idle water temps were more around the -3 to -5c range, my temp sensors arent that accurate sub-zero, need to invest into something better suited.

I think overall my biggest shock was how well this thing does under passive cooling. That rad is huge relative to the overpriced purpose built things. But i've had it folding for the last 24 hours with no fans running and it hit a max cpu temp of 43c and water at 35c. As an added bonus, with the water that warm, it practically heats the room :) With this thing running, my ambient temps are 23c and i plugged off the heater vents. I was actually cycling on the cold air duct to cool my room off :D

I'll try and get some pics later, camera is MIA atm.

Back