• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Well, a little(Or a lot) of advice is needed.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No 80mm fans will not work for a rad that utilizes 120mm fans unless you have some ghetto way of mounting it or you get a 80mm to 120mm adapter, and at that expense you may as well buy a legitimate shroud OR a cheapass fan to cut up :D if you have an old PSU lying around take the fan out of it :)

I have the utmost urge to tear apart my CURRENT psu to replace the loud as all hell under any load.

I have the utmost urge to tear apart my CURRENT psu to replace the loud as all hell under any load.

That would probably be a poor plan. Those fans are picked by someone a whole lot smarter than you to do a very specific job...also, they're often hard-wired to the board, which would mean soldering would be required to change it.

That would probably be a poor plan. Those fans are picked by someone a whole lot smarter than you to do a very specific job...also, they're often hard-wired to the board, which would mean soldering would be required to change it.

It wouldn't be the first time I had done it, but I'm positive it would void my warranty.

I should have listened to customer reviews and spend the extra $20 on the corsair psu.

Last edited:
Back