• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

masakabassist

After reading reviews on both the CM690 and Antec 900 I have been led to believe they're both excellent cases. As im in need of a new case and sure someone on these forums has either one of them I was hoping you guys could guide me to which one to buy.

So which one is it to be the Antec 900 or CM690?

Thanks, :)

Both are excellent cases, you'd probably be happy with either one. What are you looking for in a case? Water or air cooling? Anything you like or dislike about either case?

I've got a P180 and have been very happy with it. Goal for me was quiet/efficient air cooling and with some modding it's perfect for what I need.

Right now im looking for quiet yet efficient air cooling and the possibility to get wet in the near future, but chances are that I wont go water cooling for a very long time, I've been meaning to since 2005 and have never got round to it.

Both are great cases. What I know: CM690 has holes with plugs in the back for water cooling, runs quiet, lots of room and very functional. For the money it usually sells at, it is a great bargain. It was cheaper than the 900 when I got it, and I placed both about equal when adding up all their pros (many) and cons (few). CM690 is more stealthy looking and Antec 900 more flashy (I do somewhat envy the see through side).

I'm partially biased, but both choices you can't go wrong

There's a review for the CM690 a few threads down:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=527998

The 900 has flashy blue lights, not my cup of tea, but they're both solid cases, you just have to figure out what suits you best. I've never built a system in a CM690, but the 900s I've built (for friends) have all worked out nicely. One recommendation on the 900: Air filters on the two front intake fans.

Just ordered my CM690. £61 shipped (~$120). I hope its worth it, now to decide what fans to go with. Any suggestions? I've heard both Scythe and Yate Loon fans seem to be the way to go.

Scythe Fans tend to be more expensive but you have a greater variety of options (Low, Medium, High), and seem to cost around $15.

Yate Loons are anywhere from $5 - $10 and are solid fans, my favorites :) They're very quiet and push a reasonable amount of air. Or you could just get a fan controller.

Both are excellent options, I just prefer the Loons.

Your choice ;D

just my 2 cents about antecs, fans aren't the best for quite places, especially if you use the fan right above the cpu that is built in on some cases, just keep looking around before you buy and then your stuck with it.

Back