• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what do you do with your computers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Use my primary rig for gaming and doing homework, quite nice with dual screen (32" TV and 24" Samsung monitor), particularly when writing reports.

Secondary rig has the vast majority of storage, stores backups and media and is connected to the 42" TV in the living room, use it for watching movies/TV. This gets upgraded from the old parts of my main rig, moved from an i3 530 to my i7 965 recently.

I rarely use my laptop for when my tablet (HP Touchpad running ICS) won't do the job at uni, otherwise I use the computers on campus - will be buying a much more portable one for when I start my PhD next year, my current one being quite old, heavy and the battery life is not what it used to be.

All my computers run Windows primarily, but always have Linux running on one of the machines just in case.

Rig 1 is in the siggy, and I use it for anything, mostly tweaking, (back before it was drug related thats what it was called), overclocking, testing, web design, work (bench tech), mostly sit here and listen to it, watch the pretty blue lights and fall asleep.
Rig 2 a new Compaq laptop, 15.6 screen 3gb ram, and a 500gb hard drive. I use this a lot for work and interent, because to be honest I got too much money in rig one to use it for an ebay machine LOL.

Not too much these days.. music, movies, games, internetting, that's about it. Ohh yeah need it for my dam iPhone too.. I also bust movies down to size for various idevices, and convert some tunes now and then..

Back