• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Is The Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Athlon 64

Registered
I have a computer that never worked from the beginning. I have replaced the RAM, hard drive, and it still does not work both of my RAM sets have become corrupted leading me to belive it is the Mobo. What do you think it is? Please Help.

A friend of mine, had that problem too. It turned out it was the powersurges that corrupted the rams. The PSU let the tops pass and so on. All fixed with a powersurge protector.

//Christian

I'm leaning toward either the mobo or PSU being the problem. I'd try borrowing a PSU from another computer if possible, and then see if it works. If it does, just RMA your PSU and get a new one. If it dosen't, the mobo is likely the problem (though the PSU could also be a problem too). Replace the mobo and try firing it up again.

JigPu

Never hurts to surgeprotect either, my friend went thru 5 mobos, 3 lanpartys nf4 and 2 A8N's now he is back on a lanparty with surgeprotection. Plus a few different types of OCZ memorys.

//Christian

Back