• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What kinda chip is this??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IrelandMadMan

How r yas??

I bought a new xp2200- t-bred for an old machine, can anyone gimmie info on it?
First of all i thought that all t-breds were green and bartons brown or does it just depend on where they r made?

Heres the numbers on it :

AXDC2200DUV3C
AQYHA 0352RPMW

Cheers

It's not a t-bred cpu. It's a thorton cpu which is barton core with half the L2 cache disabled and 266 fsb instead of 333 fsb.

Now about the "old machine" you may have problems running that cpu on it especially if it accepts only t-birds and (maybe) palominos. Some of those mobos worked with t-breds like mine did. Maybe you can use it but maybe you can't. Try it.

EDIT: By the way, colors don't mean anything.

I think you can find out by reading the reviews on newegg for a particular cpu like your xp2200+ thorton. I think the cpu is locked because of the date (0352) on yours so you can only overclock by fsb. You have to find pre 0339 cpus for them to be unlocked.

Ok well i am more than happy!!!

I made it my goal to build a half decent system out of all my old scraps lyin around and its turnin out better than i thought.

Ok im using:

Msi k7t266 pro2-u ( old )
300w psu ( crap )
256mb pc3200
20gb hdd
Weird modded hsf ( using double sided tape to hold fan on )
1xOld custom purple case with the following high spec :

No motherboard tray ( board held in place by tape and gfx card screw )
Special air flow system ( no sides )
Custom front blow hole ( broken front )
1x Ugly purple metallic colour

How u like it so far ?

Only thing i had to buy was the cpu!
I used msi's little prog called fuzzy logic 4 and on auto it was able to overclock the cpu to 2.3 somethin ghz but then the computer crashed. So i raised the fsb in the bios myself and was able to go to 2.217 ghz without a problem.
I was gonna keep going but decided on a fresh install of xp pro because there seems to be some probs with my install.

With good cooling and more ram will it go much further? It was 41c idle when i started and 48c when it crashed at over 2.3ghz if thats any help?

Cheers

What is the difference between a K7T266 Pro2-u and a K7T266 Pro2? I have the later one (without the u) and it never worked with t-breds (although there is a mod that I still need to try). BTW nice rig, LMAO can u show us some pics?

yep i will get some pics sorted for tomorrow :)
Be worth the laugh

Just shows ya what u can do with old parts ( start fires )

Did ya check up on msi's website for any diff's between the pro2 and pro2-u?
Im not sure myself, i still dont know much about my board except its doin a good job at the mo.

heh heh, can't wait for teh pictures! I just checked MSI's website, THIS is your mobo, right? Well it supports the t-bred, and MINE doesnt :(. Going to try that mod though, maybe I can get it working with a t-bred.

Back