• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what mobo with ATA RAID and Dual DDR for 333FSB Barton 2500+ and HyperX3000?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gemini1706

Ok.. I got the 333FSB Barton 2500+ and HyperX 512MB PC3000, what a good motherboard can go with this combo?

I am planning to run ATA RAID 0 very soon, so a built-in RAID is highly desired. Also, I may up my RAM another 512MB, so a dual DDR operation is desired (nForce2 or something)...

What is a good mobo that satisifies the above criteria (ATA RAID and Dual DDR) for around $80 or so?

Please help :)

(PS: can my HyperX run with another HyperX in Dual mode at 2 2 5? I see many people get ram KIT with matching modules, but mine will not be matched since I already have one module)..

Cheers...

I would say ASUS A7N8X rev2 for about 100 bucks, there are some versions that go like hell, unfortunately I don`t know much about raid etc, haven`t used yet...
ASUS A7N-8X Deluxe, NForce 2, 5.1 Sound, Dual LAN, SATA, Fire Wire
seems to be fitting you system..

greetz

I don't think that any such cheap board will give you RAID at all. for around $100 you can get the NF7-S which has SATA RAID, if you can get adapters (if there are such things) you could use that for your RAID setup, but I doubt you'll find anything for $80, the NF7 is around $70 on newegg and has no RAID or SoundStorm sound, but is a great choice of motherboard for the hardware you have. Maybe you should just get a RAID PCI card?

I would reccomend keeping your RAID off your motherboard.

Why?

The Sil S-someting-or-other onboard RAID that I have on my A7N8X Deluxe 2.0 is not the most trustworthy controller. Serial ATA is also a waste of money unless you want to blow big dollars on WD Raptor 10KRPM drives.

Promise makes the best ATA RAID or Serial ATA RAID controllers out there anyway. I love my Promise card.

So the moral of the story is: Onboard RAID is (generally) crap. The only good onboard RAID controller I know of is on the Gigabyte AMD SMP board.

Back