• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What more can I do with P4C800-E Deluxe?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jonboyo01

I have just built a new system (again!) and have reached a top limit of 3.98GHz.

My external frequency is at 265, my Vcore is at 1.500v, I have the PCI/AGP Locked at 66.33, and my ram at DDR 400 (1:1). My ram timings are 2.75v 2.5, 4, 4, 8, SDRAM Bank Inreleave is 4, I have the Performance accelerator enabled. Turbo mode Standard.

I have contacted Corsair as this Ram was tested on this board and they achieved 550MHz by using the same Ram settings as me and an external Frequency of 275 and everything else at default.

When I increase my FSB over 265 it becomes unstable even if increase the VCore upto or between 1.650v. I have temperatures of 42oC idle and at full load 49-51oC.

What more could I do or what settings should I change, would the Droop Mod make any difference?
Where I have set my VCore in the bios at 1.500v it actually reads in the hardware monitor part of the bios at 1.408v? Would I be better changing my CPU?
I'm looking to get my Ram to 550MHz and run the cpu at atleast 4.0GHz+,

Last edited:
The droop mod might help or may not. You have low temps so it could but how high will you go who knows. Droop mod help me overclock higher with my nortwood setup proabably would work for you too. Droop mod is fairly easy to do

You have pretty good overclock there, and I wouldn't get anoher cpu. But if some 3.2 Prescotts are capable of dropping of multi from default 16 to 14 so they do like 275x14=3840, but before doing so I would try droop mod and I wouldn't get new cpu even if it didn't work.

This just my opinion

I've been thinking about trying the droop mod anyway, probally will give it a go. It can only do good, can't it? Anybody know where I can get a detailed guide with pictures.

Any other suggestions about my setup/settings as to what I colud change/try.

Thanks.

Check sticky in this forum, there are insturctions, I didn't see any pictures so I post one here of droop mod.

droop.jpg

As goes for setting
try upping agp voltage to 1.7
put a fan on the northbridge,

what is your vcore at now? 1.65v is way to much for this mobo. The droop mod is great, if you try it I recomend using the blue spots. Be carefule those spots are tiny! If you have an old mobo around practice on it first

i think he only runs at 1.5v, only tried to overclock higher with 1.65

you can get meltdown since it's prescott at 1.65

I'm actually using water cooling on the northbridge ("cpu/chipset/vga") so no need to add a fan. What difference will uping my agp to 1.7v do i don't wanna fry this card, not for what it cost me Lol.

I get temps of.

Mobo 33oC
cpu 39oC-40oC idle
49oC-51oC Full load
Gpu 30oC idle 36oC Full load

jonboyo01 said:
I'm actually using water cooling on the northbridge ("cpu/chipset/vga") so no need to add a fan. What difference will uping my agp to 1.7v do i don't wanna fry this card, not for what it cost me Lol.

I get temps of.

Mobo 33oC
cpu 39oC-40oC idle
49oC-51oC Full load
Gpu 30oC idle 36oC Full load

1.7v won't fry your card, I say with higher voltage on agp system runs little bit smoother

Back