• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What phase change to buy.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

winTT1960

Registered
Hi guys, I am considering buying a phase changing unit for my conroe and I am overwhelmed by all the choices. Here is what I have in mind,

Vapochill LS- 800
Mach II- 870
Jinu117 custom unit- 650
Jinu117 custom unit with Lian Li V2000- 850

I really like the one that I have seen on xtremesystems.org that a guy named Jinu117 makes custom for people. It comes built in to a V2000 case which I really like. But what is the best bet for me, 1000 would be my max budget but I want to get the best one. Is the one made by Jinu117 that comes in a case good?

Thanks, Anthony.

Jinu's unit is better than either the mach II or the vapo.

His case build is simply a case build. If I'm not mistaken the only real difference is the case itself which is around $240 by itself.

Personally the custom unit itself is more attractive because you can use it on a variety of different builds instead of just putting it in that case. I do like the case very much though.

Also you could ask jinu to use a larger compressor the N11fx instead of the n9fx if you want better temperatures with the custom build if you already have a case etc. You two would work it out.

I would go with a unit from Jinu personally. Also the custom unit without the Lian-Li case would be the best option for future upgrade-ability and any possible resale value.

Also Jinu is a member here as well.

If I was buying a brand new one, jinu117 *he is here on OCF as well just a lower case j ;) * he has some intresting upgrades availble as well, not much more (like 25bucks) and you can get a more powerfull compressor *if you don't mind a little extra noise*

His standard units perform better as well.
As far as function IMHO the external one would be better, more room for expantion but resale value the in case modle takes it.

Well, I dont upgrade cases very much, I have had the same case for the past 4 builds I have done. I need a new case for my conroe build so yea. you guys do make good points however, the thing is if I get a external unit then I will prolly end up jsut getting a v2000 anyways, i really love the case.

someone told me that jinu has all his prices on this website but i cant seem to find them.

also, could a bigger compresser (i think its the nf11 that is the biggest) fit inside the v2000 or would i have to get a seperate unit with the big compressor, and how much louder is it.

|| S-N Edit ||
Please do not bypass the forum rules. No advertising or attempting to sell outside the classifieds.
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I highly recommend a Jinu117 custom build (without the Lian Li case) or Gfroster unit. Just ask him for a plain old workhouse with AC power and a simple on/off switch.

I would also recommend as Greenmaji stated, get the larger compressor. If you can stand the noise, the larger compressor will give Jin much more capacity to work with. Either way, you will not be dissapointed with Jins work.

Good luck.

So the Lian Li case one gets a thumbs down from you guys. so how about this, get a custom system from jinu and then get a lian li v2000 seperate and put the custom phase system underneath the case.

But I dont know, everytime I look at the lian li I feel warm and fuzzy inside. if the only bad thing about them is the resale value, then thats no biggie for me because I will probably keep this for 4+ years.

Jin makes pre-fabbed Lian Li's with his custom phase unit already installed. If you have your heart set on both phase change and the Lian Li case than just order whats already proven. The Jinu Lian Li.... :beer:

Yeah, thats what I was talking about dominick32 when I was refering to the Lian Li case, maybe you guys thought I meant the little Lian Li cases.

but is a seperate system outside of the case in its own case better?

Well I like the V2000 series out of all the lian li cases. Basically, what are the cons of the built in unit? is the performance worse and can the bigger compressor fit.

I dont think there is enough vertical clearance for the larger compressor.
The included compressors performance is competitive, its quieter and consumes a bit less power. Its a judgment call really but me persoanly, I would want the bigger compressor and have it tuned for high heat load for long term use

side note: if your knolegable enough to tune your own unit, or can afford to have the unit retuned for every major CPU type upgrade (say Conroe to Kentfeild) then you wouldn't need to sweat the tune

Ahh, my brain hurts from thinking about what to do. Could I get a seperate unit with the nf11 (thats the bigger one right?) and then get the V2000 for about the same price that jinu has the combined package for.

Yes the NF11FX is the bigger compressor.
IIRC the upgrade price for it is only like $25 the last time I talked to him about it.
And you could get the V2000 seperately but you may need to request a slightly longer suction line to work from under that case (The CPU is abnormaly far away from the bottom of the case from the inverted motherboard mounting design)

Once you have 100 posts here or at XS you could deal with jinu117 directly, he has a post in the classifieds here for his service.
You can get more posts pretty easy by asking hardware questions or giving your input on hardware selection desisions people are always asking around here :thup:

how much are his seperate systems?

and I dont want to spam just to get the post count, but I will try to get some posts.

Back