• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What phase change to buy.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Jinu117 FTW

I personally like the Integrated unit with the Lian Li, but they do make a good point as far as upgrading down the road.

winTT1960 said:
how much are his seperate systems?

and I dont want to spam just to get the post count, but I will try to get some posts.

As far as his costs are conserned, its probibly better to talk to him about it.
here is the link to his profile here http://www.ocforums.com/member.php?u=29721

And as long as your posting usefull info or genuine questions, posting would not be spaming. :thup:

Ok someone pmed the prices.
650+ packing and shipping so I am guessing 50 bucks for that, so 700 plus 25 for the bigger compressore plus 250 and shipping for the V2000 equals 975 without shipping for the case.
The preinstalled unit would be just about the same only the weaker compressor.

I feel like his sales rep but any hoot

Hello, as many of you may have known, I offer services and product that relates cooling your computer well below freezing points.
Labour for repairs/modification depending on job for single stage phase unit is $150-375 not including shipping or packing in general.
For cascade repairs, you will have to get individual quotes as nature of work can be quite complex.
As for product offered currently, here are some list of it.

I build custom phase unit such as single stage, single stage in few specific computer case, cascade of different sizes and uses, and some odd things people want to do as project. Pricing depdends heavily on component utilized, time involved. I try to get bit more than minmum wage for my effort though

There are 2 product line i have made as standard production run which reflects some saving due to that i am not spending as much time as i have to on totally custom builds

production line #1.

Single stage unit in sturdy 16 gauge steel with beautiful glossy black powder coating.
Component utilized: jinu117 condenser, Danfoss NF9FX, chilly1 evap or better.
Compatibility with: S939, LGA775, AM2.
Temperature range: expect 5-15c better temp on high heat load vs a well known production phase unit. Also a little more capacity to handle hotter cpu.
Noiselevel: Considered quieter than the WKPP.
Pricing: $650+packing($50 it gets double boxed with specialized foam)+actual shipping.
Options: $100 for LCD controller that reads temperature, turns on and off computer, controlls fan speed.
$60+ for powder coating other than glossy black.
Some samples first

production line #2.

Single stage unit in beautiful Lian-Li V2000
Component utilized: jinu117 condenser, Danfoss NF9FX, chilly1 evap or better.
Case accessories added: Lian-Li EX-23 3 hdd bay addtion, extra wheel in mid to support the compressor weight better.
Compatibility with: S939, LGA775, AM2.
Temperature range: expect 5-15c better temp on high heat load vs a well known production phase unit. Also a little more capacity to handle hotter cpu.
Noiselevel: Considered quieter than the WKPP.
Pricing: $850+packing($50 it gets double boxed with specialized foam)+actual shipping.
Options: $100 for LCD controller that reads temperature, turns on and off computer, controlls fan speed.
$65 for side window from lian-li
$15 for EX-34 upgrade to enable 4 hdd support.
$10 for Plus II fan that keeps your GPU slot cool.

Let me know if you would like to see all the pics.

Thanks man. and I saw all the pics on xtremesystems

Well now I know for sure that I will go with Jinu117 custom unit, its just decided between preinstall or seperate.

If I were to get a seperate unit how would I route the suction if the unit was under the case. I am guessing I would have to do some drilling :(

OK so I kinda got two options set in my mind, let me know what you think.

1. Jinu117 custom unit with Nf11 and slightly longer suction line and a black case. - 675 plus shipping/packing(guess of 50).... Lian Li V2000B from xoxide 223 plus 25 shipping, 248. Total ~973. Pros: Can be used for multiple systems, more powerful. Cons. takes up more space, less convienient.

2. Jinu117 Lian Li preinstalled unit. 850 plus shipping/packing (guess of 100)= 950. Pros: Looks nice and is compact Cons: limited to only one system and cannot change to a different case, less powerful because of smaller compressor.

What do you think, i cannot make the descision on my own.

winTT1960 said:
OK so I kinda got two options set in my mind, let me know what you think.

1. Jinu117 custom unit with Nf11 and slightly longer suction line and a black case. - 675 plus shipping/packing(guess of 50).... Lian Li V2000B from xoxide 223 plus 25 shipping, 248. Total ~973. Pros: Can be used for multiple systems, more powerful. Cons. takes up more space, less convienient.

2. Jinu117 Lian Li preinstalled unit. 850 plus shipping/packing (guess of 100)= 950. Pros: Looks nice and is compact Cons: limited to only one system and cannot change to a different case, less powerful because of smaller compressor.

What do you think, i cannot make the descision on my own.

You could change the Head/mounting bracket done the road if you changed cpu types, and the smaller compressor is less powerful but will still put you well into to -C* range you are looking for.

The mounting hardware is pretty universal, its based on socket type. Untill 2008 Intel is sticking to the same socket so far for instance.

And in your #1 any case could be used.
jinu might drop by to give the reason the 11 series comressor can't be used in the case who knows :shrug: :p

winTT1960 said:
If I were to get a seperate unit how would I route the suction if the unit was under the case. I am guessing I would have to do some drilling :(

just grab a dremel and make a nice hole with padding so it doenst rip the shiny padding :)

winTT1960 said:

Just buy a nice 2" or 1 1/2" hole-saw and cut a little entry path into the floor of your case, you can do it so the door still seals and no one would even know the hole was there with the side-door on.

Using a hole-saw is also pretty foolproof even for the most mechanically challenged individuals.

OK thanks for the help guys. I still cant decide between a pre installed or a seperate unit.

Someone tell me something to make me lean one way or another.

This is what I am thinking, just buy a seperate unit nicely pimped out with NF11 and LCD and then later on buy me a new case. I think this would be the best performance and I wouldnt be constrained to a single PC case. Even though the pre-installed units are super nice, I just think I might regret it sometime down the road.

winTT1960 said:
This is what I am thinking, just buy a seperate unit nicely pimped out with NF11 and LCD and then later on buy me a new case. I think this would be the best performance and I wouldnt be constrained to a single PC case. Even though the pre-installed units are super nice, I just think I might regret it sometime down the road.

I have got to say that the reason he uses Lian Li cases, Is because they are just really sweet.

I've had Lot's of cases TT armor, Stacker,Aerocool And various other less desirable(RaidMax). The only case i will ever buy again is Lian Li. excellent craftsmanship and Almost entirely made of Aluminum.

winTT1960 said:

I don't know about regreting the built into the case unit.

But, pretty much no other single stage direct die system is going to perform like Jinu's with the NF11FX compressor, and you could use it with any case including the one you may have right now. And resell value, its going to be tough to beat in that department as well. It sounds like a wise choice to me.

Hello, thanks for letting me know of what is going on greenmaji. I don't frequent this forum as much as I stay on another... (well I am a mod on that so I have no choice I guess :p) but I do like hanging around here. Thanks for all the nice word of recommendation guys :)
As far as NF11FX is concerned, I never said it doesn't fit on v2000 :) It sure does. only case I couldn't fit it in would be Vapochill LS modification (not enough clearance).
Now the only problem with NF11FX is that I don't normally stock too many of them and I am currently out of NF11FX. I will have to check with my supplier but if it isn't in US... than it can take 2 months to get to me from time of order to begin in here -_-;
Honestly, I wasn't so sure on first 5 nf11fx I got... it was going to be my testing thing until OPB asked me to use it for his... :) And than, it was gone rather quickly... I have few diff types of compressor in order I need to check tomorrow to see what the status is so I can comment on that.
You can e-mail me as well for further questions you might have (is this against forum rules?)
Thanks again guys :) Let's hope I can keep making units work more efficiently, reliably and even better than what it is now (yes I am working very hard on making all aspect of unit better all the time).

Im an on owner of a jinu lian li phase system and couldnt be more satisfied with my purchase. I dont recommend the NF11FX compressor unless your going to be benching. It totally defeats the purpose of jinus systems, the reason most people go custom is to either go colder or quieter. He is able to do both of those things with the NF9FX. My new phase system is located in my bedroom and i can actually go to sleep with it running. Its just something to consider if its going to be running 24/7.

The convinience of having everything in one case is also a plus that i like. I just never liked the case on phase look. Dont get me wrong, it is a little cumbersome to work with the case with all that weight at the bottom but its well worth it to have the phase pretty much being stealth. If you like the v2000 then i wouldnt miss out on the oppurtunity of having everything built in, i've seen a couple people hack away at their v2000s to get the same effect but its just not the same.

Good luck on your decision, the one thing you should be confident in is your dealing with the right builder.

I don't think single stage direct die units are for benching period.
Complete scilence (to the point in producing less noise then the fans) and bearly autable is a judgment call IMHO.

MrDeeds,

I have a custom DD water cooling using a Danner mag-drive and Panflo 120mm L1s (5). I hear some wind noise, but it's relatively quiet.

When people compare phase change overall loudness in these threads, I'm assuming they're comparing to screaming fans on huge heatsinks...

Can I assume that Jin's custom unit using the NF9FX is similar or quieter than a small .5 cube fridge? (Assuming it's noticably quieter than a Vapochill LS)

My friend has the original Vapochill(DC model) and the noise is minimal, heat output aside...

I'm mulling over the same thread topics of:
1) Keep custom water (mid-high temps when overclocking, but quiet)
2) Vaporchill LS (comes with heater and possible socket scalability for future)
3) Jin's custom include Lian Li (quieter phase change, more cost effective, better performance at lower temps)

More concerned about noise of LS compared to Jin's NF9FX.

Any comments?

Thanks in advance,
Sting

Back