• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What phase change to buy.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sting said:
Any comments?

The majority of noise coming from the vapochill ls is due to the compressor and not the fans cooling it. The reason your friends isnt that loud is because it isnt as powerful as the Lightspeed model. With my jinu single stage the majority of the noise i hear comes from the fans cooling the compressor and every so often you'll get a light hum from the compressor. I lived with a minifridge in my room for a couple years so i guess im used to it and the fans are about as loud as my big typhoon.

I think the main thing i was unaware of was the amount of heat dump. The compressor can get really hot. Your decision should really hinge on where your going to put your system. If its going to be in some general area then i dont think the sound coming from it is going to bother you as much. But if its in your bedroom like mine is you might want to make sure you get a less audible compressor.

Back