• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What the 5902 ?!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zerix01

Any body see one of these monsters yet? GPU project 5902 @ 1680 points!

This about 2500PPD at 9min 30 sec per frame on my 8800GTS 320MB. Not the best PPD out of the GPU wu's but better than most I have been getting lately.

Yeah, both my GS's are crunching away at them. Seem to be the same PPD as the 384's for me... ~4k.

PS - What are your shader clocks? I'd expect a 8800GTS to beat a 8800GS yet mine are pulling 1.5k more ppd :confused:

All 3 of my GPUs have them right now. The PPD seems to vary. Sometimes it'll be 1500, but it's been evening out to about 4k on my 9800GT and 8800GT.

From the linked threads;

Please note, the behavior of this core is different from what you may expect. The following behaviors are NORMAL, and the points credit takes it into consideration:
Varying time per frame
Low GPU temperatures
Fluctuating CPU usage (somewhat higher than GPU core 11).

That would fall under the varying time per frame category. ;)

PS - What are your shader clocks? I'd expect a 8800GTS to beat a 8800GS yet mine are pulling 1.5k more ppd

That would fall under the varying time per frame category. ;)

Yeah actually It was about 25% through the wu when I saw it, at which point FAHMon updated it self. I don't think it collected any data prior to that so my PPD may be off. Also I am using stock shaders and the Linux GPU wrapper :D.

Any body see one of these monsters yet? GPU project 5902 @ 1680 points!

This about 2500PPD at 9min 30 sec per frame on my 8800GTS 320MB. Not the best PPD out of the GPU wu's but better than most I have been getting lately.
Don't complain. I'm cranking out a whopping 1100~1200ppd on my 8600GT with a p5902. :)

Yep, GPU projects that take a day and a half to complete...

So far I am seeing my second one today running at about 3835 PPD on my 9800GT, at 6:18 frame times. This is with everything at stock clocks. Luckily my SMP client seems to be making up the difference.

I don't believe i've seen any of these yet. Can anyone confirm that these WU are available without using advmethods? None of my clients are setup with advmethods.

I don't believe i've seen any of these yet. Can anyone confirm that these WU are available without using advmethods? None of my clients are setup with advmethods.

They show up in the project summary, so theoretically they are available to everyone. (That's not to say someone didn't set the servers wrong) According to the Folding forums, though, it's only available with the -advmethods flag.

If you check the linkage above, it indicates that p5900 units should be available to all donors. While p5902 units should be issued to those GPU clients running -advmethods.

The link macaholic posted only mentioned advmethods so I assume that means its only beta right now.

Re: Announcing project 5900 and Core_14 on general FAH
by ihaque on Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:25 am

Since the EUE rate doesn't appear to be beyond expectations on this project and it seems that most of the performance issues have been resolved, I'm moving this project to general access on GPU Folding@home.

Announcing project 5902 (Core 14) on advmethods
by ihaque on Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:19 am

Project 5902 just went up on advmethods. It's similar to P5900, but with some tweaks that should improve WU stability. Like P5900, this project runs on core 14. P5902 is a duplicate of P5760, the protein L folding simulations, intended to validate Core 14. P5902 runs are 4x longer than P5900 runs, and points have been bumped in proportion.

Please note, the behavior of this core is different from what you may expect. The following behaviors are NORMAL, and the points credit takes it into consideration:
Varying time per frame
Low GPU temperatures
Fluctuating CPU usage (somewhat higher than GPU core 11).

WU's are worth 1680 points, with a preferred deadline of 3 days and final deadline of 4 days.

p5900 general access = all donors
p5902 -advmethods = public beta

I got one of those p5900 WU's yesterday and got on average 4970 on my 8800GTS 512MB with the shader clock at 1890MHz. Havn't receivied any p5902 but then again i havn't got the -advmethods tag on.

Back