• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What the 5902 ?!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I did not set -advmethods flag to any of my GPU client (using GUI version), yet I'm still getting 5900 and 5902.......

Same here. Processing a 5902 now and i'm getting roughly 5000ppd on my 8800GTS 512MB at about 4mn 48s per frame.

I bought one of those "Kill a Watt" meters from Newegg, and my 2 rigs combined use on average 650 watts. And I am seeing the same thing that you are, the load is constantly swinging from 600 to 700 watts while running the 59xx WUs.

I looked that meter up and thats a pretty cool meter, I might have to test one out. Might not be a good idea to see how much your spending on electric tho :eek:

Are these the ones that are 2000 steps and 8000 steps and the sort?

Started getting them recently, don't know what kind of PPD they are making though.

I have one of these today, it stinks.. the ones I had yesterday were nice, burned through them fast...

todays 5902 is 9:02 per frame. whopping 2500 ppd, on a gtx260 wtf

I would suggest that you double check that your CPU clients are set to "Low Priority" in Task Manager. I often forget to do this when I reboot the computer.

How are these performing on ATI cards? I remember Stanford saying that some new units would make better use of the SP in ATI cards, is it finally here?

marci something is wrong with that picture.

I'm gettin the same as dfonda or roundabouts with a 260 (192 core)

I'm getting about 6-7K PPD for two of my clients on these...the other one runs at about 10-12K PPD.

(Finally got somebody interested in it over the the stanford forums...apparently it wasn't set up on their end to run 2 cores on a single client, so this is definately something weird going on...)

I'm getting about 6-7K PPD for two of my clients on these...the other one runs at about 10-12K PPD.

(Finally got somebody interested in it over the the stanford forums...apparently it wasn't set up on their end to run 2 cores on a single client, so this is definately something weird going on...)

Are we hoping they take their time sorting this out Torin?:) I would like that same problem for a couple weeks.:beer:
Off Topic
Had to go an Hour and a half on the Elliptical today to burn that delicious dinner off, that we had with you folks last night!:D

Any sore body parts from Wii Tennis?;)

Are we hoping they take their time sorting this out Torin?:) I would like that same problem for a couple weeks.:beer:

Well, if they can figure out what is causing it, they might be able to come up with a SMP type client for GPU2, and you would only need to run 1 client for all the cards in your machine.

Off Topic
Had to go an Hour and a half on the Elliptical today to burn that delicious dinner off, that we had with you folks last night!:D

Any sore body parts from Wii Tennis?;)

Sorry about the extra time. I spent most of my day in the shop working and fixing equipment that was about to break again. The power hammer is sticking...using it with the wrong oil in cold weather has dried out the valve. I can get the right oil, but it is going to take until Tuesday.

However Sandy says she is doing good, apparently slinging around a 15# bowling ball all the time keeps her in good shape. I'm also feeling good too.

It was definately a nice evening. :beer:

Sorry I forgot to repost, but yeah.. after seeing the pitiful production i delved deeper, and I had left my vm on normal priority.. set it to low, and all is good in the world

I've done that several times myself. In fact, I finally put a post-it note on my computer desk to remind me to change the priority of the VMs after rebooting the computer. Glad to hear that you are back up to full production. :)

What type of WU's were people getting without the -advmethods? The 1680 point 5903s aren't bad but they cut down on your completed WU total.

How are these performing on ATI cards? I remember Stanford saying that some new units would make better use of the SP in ATI cards, is it finally here?

I would like to know this too. Maybe when I get home from class I will fire up the 4870 to try crunching this.

Personally, Im concerned about the constantly fluctuating power usage in these things...Im seeing wattage swings of nearly 50W. That cant be good...can it?

What type of WU's were people getting without the -advmethods? The 1680 point 5903s aren't bad but they cut down on your completed WU total.

I'm getting 5903's without the -advmethods flag.

Personally, Im concerned about the constantly fluctuating power usage in these things...Im seeing wattage swings of nearly 50W. That cant be good...can it?

On my Q6600 with (2) 9800GX2s I also see wattage fluctuations, around 60 watts +/- 5 watts.

I'm just wondering if there may be long term issues that they're trying to avoid with these GPUs and that's why these latest WUs run cooler and seem to fluctuate so much.

All I know is that 8 or 9 days ago I was at 19,000PPD and am now at 14,000PPD. These new jobs suck.

BigBlockk

Later.....

I dont mind these wu. Everyone seems to be getting them so points will dip for everyone.

8800GT getting 4200ppd
8800GTX getting 4500ppd

^^ I dont remember the shader clocks off hand.

Back