• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What the 5902 ?!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My stock 8800gtx is getting 4300ppd If I remember correctly. I like how much cooler these WUs run.

And all that running cooler means is that less of the GPUs processing potential is being used right? So I do wonder if they are seeing problems with F@H and killing GPUs after awhile...

And all that running cooler means is that less of the GPUs processing potential is being used right? So I do wonder if they are seeing problems with F@H and killing GPUs after awhile...

I'm just wondering if there may be long term issues that they're trying to avoid with these GPUs and that's why these latest WUs run cooler and seem to fluctuate so much.

+1 :beer:

So they *may* have prevented it from killing the GPU but now the power fluctuations *may* be hurting the PSU or the entire system. I have PM'd Oklahoma Wolf and Paul to see if I can get a solid answer to this question.

EDIT: I heard from Oklahoma wolf and he states not to worry about the power fluctuations. :)

Thanks OW!

Last edited:
Why would power fluctuation hurt a psu? Doesn't your power usage fluctuate when you play a game and then stop playing? So aren't they made to be able to handle that?

My stock 8800gtx is getting 4300ppd If I remember correctly. I like how much cooler these WUs run.

You should push your shaders up some. I'm getting 4800ppd with my 8800gtx.

I would love to, but I bought this card used, and it is my primary gaming card. So if it dies...:(

If I had a warranty, now that is a different story. hehe :drool:

Ah well that makes sense then. Im under warrenty and so I just let it rip, haah. I do have a 120mm blowing on it to keep it as cool as it can get. The 8800 g80s can get toasty.

Slowly pushing clocks and monitoring temperature and stability will not kill your card.

While this is true, I'm guessing he wants as little risk of his card dieing as possible.

I'm tickled that I bought an Antec 300, the side fan is perfect for the discharge from both 9800GX2s. Even if you had cards that expelled air out the back you could turn the fan around to blow outside (cool) air onto the GPUs.

And at $50, it's not a bad price.

I'm tickled that I bought an Antec 300, the side fan is perfect for the discharge from both 9800GX2s. Even if you had cards that expelled air out the back you could turn the fan around to blow outside (cool) air onto the GPUs.

The Antec 300 is an awesome case for the price. Got mine at microcenter when it was on sale for $34.99 + tax. I've been getting the 5903 lately. Seems like the only work unit my GPU's are getting are the 5903. They seem to be the same as the 5902. Same ppd, and same points as well. All of them are 1680 points. Too bad these don't fold faster, otherwise I would have a bajillion points right now. :D Plan to get a 9600GSO for some of the smaller rigs that don't have 8800GT's in.

The Antec 300 is an awesome case for the price. Got mine at microcenter when it was on sale for $34.99 + tax. I've been getting the 5903 lately. Seems like the only work unit my GPU's are getting are the 5903. They seem to be the same as the 5902. Same ppd, and same points as well. All of them are 1680 points. Too bad these don't fold faster, otherwise I would have a bajillion points right now. :D Plan to get a 9600GSO for some of the smaller rigs that don't have 8800GT's in.

Have you entered your info in the BAR GPU Slot availability thread? I hear a bunch of 8800GTs are going to be sent out this week......

:beer: :beer:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=597678

I'm so tempted to pick one up right now, its not funny. How the fit in there with the 9800gx2s?

Back