• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What the hell do I do with these LG SH93PA-F

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

motherboard1

Pulled my brothers old speakers out of the closet, I'd like to use them but I'm scratching my head. How do you even hook these up? There are no jacks or anything, just red & black wires running between the two speakers.

Am I missing something?

They are definitely too old to be wireless operation.

Attachments

• UO0122.jpg
    UO0122.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 83
  • UO0121.jpg
    UO0121.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 85
Those speakers need to be wired back to an amp or receiver. One connected to a left output, the other to a right output.

Those speakers need to be wired back to an amp or receiver. One connected to a left output, the other to a right output.

Oh I C. I think I've found the rest of it, looks like a big CD player or something. Not much use to me then, I was hoping to use it with my PC.

I don't think a PC could drive those big boys. :)
If the "big CD player" has audio in, you may be able to use that with your PC's audio out. Just depends on that component.
IMO doing that is over complicating things unless you are putting together a HTPC.

I use HDMI out of my HTPC in to a surround receiver, with 5.1 wired speakers out for audio & HDMI out to the TV.

I don't think a PC could drive those big boys. :)
If the "big CD player" has audio in, you may be able to use that with your PC's audio out. Just depends on that component.
Just get one of those cheap amplifier modules.

For some reason this thread makes me feel really old....

I ran a cable from the headphone jack on my computer to a splitter then to the red/white inputs on the amp, then from the amp out to the speakers with the wires in the pics. It works great for my garage pc where I stream and listen to Sirius some times. This is what you will need to do for these.

Last edited:
Back