• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What to buy GTX Titan x VS 1080(Ti)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

moneywim

Registered
I'm about to upgrade my GPU and looking around in the second hand market.
In see huge prices for the 1080ti
Now I found a gtx titan X with 12gb of vram.
I see the bidding on this card starts way lower than the prices of the 1080ti.
But when searching for info they look almost the same or am I missing something?
Looking forward for your opinions.

You would need to verify if that Titan is Maxwell or Pascal. Pascal based is almost even with 1080Ti maxwell based Titan is quite a bit slower based on older architecture

If that 7 GHz spec he lists is referring to the memory 7 Gb/s then it's a maxwell. Pascal used GDDR5x with 10 Gb/s both had 12 GB of memory
Even the pic looks like a Maxwell Titan

Weren't the Pascals Titan Xp?

edit:Not necessarily, it seems. They could be but not all were? This is based on a listing in our Classifieds.

Oh thanks people,
This is so confusing, when googling this moddel I get it in comparison with the 1080(ti)
But you are right when searching on the evega website I find a model on Maxwell too.
My feeling chagend to this is a older card on Maxwell based thanks guys you saved me some money lol

Back