• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Whats a good cooler for a 955 BE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If the prices are similar or within 10 dollars of each other; Grab the Evo for sure. Yeah good aftermarkets make a big difference :p.

i agree, i've been reading to go with the Evo. I bumped up to 3.7mhz (i left the voltage at 1.355) and im running prime95 now, its been about 45mins so far and max temp is 53C, if it stays around 53-54C i think i'll stay at 3.7mhz until i upgrade to an 212 Evo.

thanks again everyone for all the help! :salute:

Ill jump in an say my 955 black runs @ 3.7ghz on a 212+ on P95 small FFT, my case is pretty decent for airflow and my basement is good for a nice cool ambient temp, but temps are never an issue for me.

Ill jump in an say my 955 black runs @ 3.7ghz on a 212+ on P95 small FFT, my case is pretty decent for airflow and my basement is good for a nice cool ambient temp, but temps are never an issue for me.

thanks bigben, think im going to get the 212+ or the 212 Evo, whatever one the compusa down the road has in stock.

thanks bigben, think im going to get the 212+ or the 212 Evo, whatever one the compusa down the road has in stock.

If you can wait a couple days, I would get one of the two from newegg. The 212+ is $30 and the EVO is 35 including shipping. That is if it isn't the same or cheaper at your local store.

The 212 is awsome, got mine from amazon for $20. Running Prime now, cores maxed at 1.4 vcore, 3.8Ghz and temps are 30C:cool:

The 212 is awsome, got mine from amazon for $20. Running Prime now, cores maxed at 1.4 vcore, 3.8Ghz and temps are 30C:cool:

thats awesome, yeah one of the 212's is in my very near future, as is 3.8 :attn:

thanks guys, this was my first post on Overclockers and everyone has been awesome with great info, can't thank everyone enough :salute:

If you can wait a couple days, I would get one of the two from newegg. The 212+ is $30 and the EVO is 35 including shipping. That is if it isn't the same or cheaper at your local store.

thanks sabbath, the compusa down the road has the 212+ for $30, but im really thinking of getting the Evo, and for 5 bucks more and free shipping from newegg i dont think i can go wrong!

Back