• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats the best popup killer?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Opera7b1 and Phoenix04 make a third party PUK obsolete. Opera is 3x and Phoenix is 2x faster than IE.

Although Maxvla ought to be here at any moment to dispute my claim LOL :D

Opera Roxor !

Use Opera/Mozilla instead IE , these two have a pop up stopper :D

And they load faster than IE !

Gotta Love It :D

Or u can keep using IE and try Download from www.download.com with the keyword popup stopper or something

Good Luck

I had pop up stopper pro and it worked ok. I would have kept using it but it only works with IE by design.

Pop up killer works with any browser except maybe IE LOL.

Don't think IE doesn't get updated all the time. They just call 'em critical security patches.

Another one is at
AnalogX
It's called POW!
Works great for me, been using it for the past year. Only bad thing is you got to train it, but thats it!

zip

assuming you are using XP, then unfortunately the best browser for XP is IE, and we all know how much IE sucks, but there is something you can do about. Get yourself MyIE2.

http://www.ruihehang.com/myie2/html_en/home.htm

tabbed windows like Mozilla
mouse gestures like Opera
built in Pop-up stopper that actually works
load to home page, load to multiple pages
and so much more...

and its a skin for IE, so it integrates into XP seamlessly...

best of all it's free, no adds, no banner, no hacking...

If you're stuck with IE, I agree that MyIE is a killer app to clean up IE's UI. Pop up Stopper pro is the best one for IE too.

Back