• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where did my E-mail files go

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tseongsun

They are probably in your old monitor. Get an axe and.... jk.. You said you used opera so I'm guessing you're using the built in e-mail client? or are you using yahoo or hotmail?

Your mail data files should be located in your opera directory then mail then the account. ie:

C:\Program Files\Opera\Mail\Earthlinknet\

If you lost all your settings I would check there and backup the info then when you make a new account just paste in your old files. Hope that helps. If you're using hotmail then I dunno where it went.

OP
Tismedt

Tismedt

Shadow ÒÓ's after me!!!
Well I found the file tismedt but it did not restore my setup after re-creating a acct. I wonder what the hell happened. Last night I was running dslreprts to test my bandwidth and then I ran a IP scan utility they had on that site. I wonder if that had anything to do with losing my e-mail files. I know they are all saved on my ISP server but that is a pain downloading several hundred e-mails, then re sorting them all. Anybody else ever have this problem and do you know of a fix?