• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where to buy return bend fittings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MarkS

After a long search, it looks like I'm going to have to build my own condenser coil. I have one designed that is 12" long x 12" high x 8" deep with 3/8" tubing and 16 fins per inch. This is going to cost me mega $$$, but will be far cheaper than 100+ custom coils from a coil manufacturer. I have most design and construction issues resolved (one of the instructors at my college was an engineer at Lennox and Carrier and has been in the field for 50+ years). The only issue I have is where to find roughly 100 3/8" return bend fittings.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mark

if your speeking of 3/8" U shaped fittings i used to get them at mcmaster.com or home depot depending on how many i needed. altho at a glance i dont see them at mcmaster.com right now im sure there avalible its neer impossible to find things on there website without using the search so get creative.

I just got a quote from Rahn Industries for $318 for a single coil, 12" x 12" with four 3/8" rows and 16 fins per inch. That is far less that it would cost me in parts and will give me something to experiment with. If I need OEM quantities, the price will go down.

It looks like this is the path I'll take.

Thanks anyway,
Mark

Back