• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Mosfets are worth sinking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NovaShine

My friend gave me a few ramsinks he used for his GF3 and since my own BGA ramsinks are going to be arriving in a month or so, i was wondering where these ramsinks would go. Then i thought about sinking the mobo mosfets. So the question is: What mosfets are worth sinking on an Asus P4C800E Deluxe board? The ramsinks are 1.3cm x 2cm x 1.5cm (W x L x H respectively). Could someone circle the mosfets with paint on this pic?

p4c800-e_d_l.jpg

The SB is already sinked pretty good with a pretty big passive cooling aluminium sink from my old GF4 MMX440, which is about 1/4 larger than the SB itself in terms of area the bottom covers. Just isnt taller than the PCI slots, which means my Audigy 2 can go right over the top :D

I havent done any VMods yet, so might as well point out which ones i might leave out for a VMod i may do... Generally, i wont mess with the CPU voltage, but i might Vmodd my Vdimm.

thanks for the guide.

Im using passive for the SB. It's the big aluminium passive sink off my GF4 MMX440. But my lower side intake blows air over that big passive sink so i guess it could be called active.

The NB will be watercooled very soon so i guess i wont have to worry about that.

yeah sorry about that, I read wrong (thought you said active SB cooling) haha.
I think those are the three phases I circled. You should get a second opinion though.

Maybe post this again in the Voltmodding section or something.

I sinked every mosfett on my p4c800-e and they dont mean squat....the droop is still the same...IMO you only need them when you're running prescott...

Back