• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which of these gpu's can fit on my motherboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Lets get a pic of that power supply. The problem that you could encounter with upgrading the power supply is that Dell uses proprietary connectors rather than standardizes ones, and an off the shelf PSU might not have the proper connectors to plug into the system. While they may use the same physical connectors, the electrical layout can be different. Adapters exist but again it has to be gotten right.

But let's not jump right to that. Posting a picture of the label should help us determine if the power supply can run a 2080. Also post pictures of any free connectors that might be PCIe 8 pin plugs. They are usually 2 rows of 3 pins stacked on top of each other, and then another 2 rows of one pin stacked that can either be separated or fits beside the others.

I would also like to see a good picture of the motherboard, particularly where the two wire groups coming from the PSU plug into the motherboard.

Sometimes adapters are available to convert proprietary OEM motherboard power pin blocks to standard PSU plugs. I did this recently on a Lenovo desktop given to me. The main power connector to the motherboard was a 14 pin proprietary connector and I was able to get an adapter that converted it to 24 pin.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Yep.

Upgrading OEM systems are just a PITA at times. :(

ali_g, are you getting the picture why most of us on the forum build our own computers?

haha, i'm just a bit nervous about all this, as you can obviously tell i don't really know what i'm looking at

so i've decided to take the computer to someone and get the for sure info on it

i'm sure it will work out, i got a good idea on what to ask and look for though thanks to you guys so something came out of this

thanks

Back