• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which ONe?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SNieX

hey guys...

i need some help... its soo hard to decide which Vid. Card to get..
these are my options... which one would be the best bang for the buck.. and the best card out of these:

BFG GeForce 6600 GT OC 128MB DDR/8x-AGP/TV-Out/DVI (Retail Box)

eVGA GeForce 6600 GT 128MB DDR3/8x-AGP/HDTV-Out/DVI (Retail Box)

eVGA GeForce 6800 128MB DDR/AGP-8X/TV-OUT/DVI (Retail Box)

XFX GeForce 6600 GT 128MB DDR3/8x-AGP/TV-Out/Dual-DVI (Retail Box)

XFX GeForce 6800 128 MB DDR/8x-AGP/TV-Out/Dual-DVI (Retail Box)

XFX GeForce 6800 GT 256MB DDR3/8XAGP/TV-Out/Dual-DVI (Retail Box)

XFX GeForce 6800 GT 256MB DDR3/8x-AGP/TV-Out/DVI (Retail Box)3

thanks guys... i know there are a couple here...
but some reccomendations wouldnt hurt..

thanks-againn

SNieX

I've got nearly the exact same setup as you and my XFX 6600GT does just fine. You can see my benchmarks in my sig, and if I had some high quality ram I'm sure those would go up even further. Obviously if I had enough cash to buy the 6800GT I probably would have done that. But I'm content with this card. And I've got some nice OC's out of it just using the stock cooling + Arctic Silver 5

My opinion: If you're planning to keep this rig for a while (longer than 2 years) before upgrading to PCI-E, get the 6800GT. If you wanna save some dough and aren't a SERIOUS gamer, get the 6600GT (I suggest XFX).

Edit: Maybe some high quality ram as well.

Last edited:
thanks man... yeah i dont plan to upgrade in maybe 2 years or soo... lol.. (even eariler)

which 6800?

SnieX

Dual DVI would only be useful if you're planning on going dual monitor. Otherwise, it would be kind of a waste.

Personally I would find the manufacturer with the best combination of overclockability and stock cooling setup. That way you could just apply AS5 to it and have a cool running card. :cool:

Last edited:
Leadtek is good, as long as you don't wanna replace the stock cooler. that stock cooler cools both the ram and the core, so if you change a new cooler, then the ram is gonna be running without cooling. If you can afford it, I would reccommend a single 6800GT with a refrence board, and then an IceStorm C3 or C5...

thanks man... i do plan to overclock it... soo this Vid and OC, will give me nice FPS during the games?

will this card work out for about 1 year.. ??

thanks-again

SNieX

Back