• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who here plays Empire Earth?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TUK101

I bought Empire Earth about 3 weeks ago and love this game. It is one of the few games that has a story behind it that keeps you wanting to continue playing. I also love the control scheme, and the way that you level up your units. I am one act away from beating the whole game. Anyways, what do you other people that play the game think of it. :cool:

Well, AOE2 was designed to be a well rounded, very balanced RTS that will actually run at higher than 5 FPS on my PII 400 machine. Empire Earth is more pretty than anything else. Not to mention the single player sandbox AI cheats.

AOE2 baby!

~FA

AOE2 is really the cancer of my kidneys...

but EE is a classy game although im still baffled to how the hell you rotate the camera in it???

ninthebin said:
AOE2 is really the cancer of my kidneys...

but EE is a classy game although im still baffled to how the hell you rotate the camera in it???

Thats simple. You don't. I've logged hundreds of hours with this game. I love it, but as with any game it has its flaws. Although I haven't played in about a month. :eek:

Lol, I wasnt trying to start an EEvsAOE2 debate. I have played both games and decided to buy EE. I will probably get AOE2 next. I like EE for a lot of reasons, but namely because I like the challenge of the computer AI. It is hard at times, but thats the what makes the game so challenging.

I wouldn't mind the computer "AI" (if you can call it that) if it were not programmed to cheat. Ever play the 1on1 V the computer with islands? Unless you get a foot hold on his island in the first 30 minutes, you're toast. Also, check any EE message board and you will find many people that explain that the computer "AI" is designed to use cheats, and that epochs are nearly free or are free for the computer.

~FA

~FA

yeah if you look at the ini files or AI code you will see although it may set up MASSIVE resource infrastructure it will have something saying if it goes below like 3000ru say it will get topped up to 10000...

It also seems to have the complete knack of forming a force and sending it straight to your base...

what that guy said about the island match is so true - first thing I do is have about 20 villagers building Towers every 4 squares around my island

and building walls is USELESS - as it will deploy its units inside the wall if there isnt space - and thats just never good :(

The game is set all throughout history, and even one scenario into the future. It really depends on which nationality that you choose. I do understand what all of you are saying about the AI. They do cheat, and they do attack in some very unfair ways. Some of the scenes throughout the scenarion you almost have to cheat yourself to even stand a chance.

i play EE with my friend occasionally on my LAN.. its a pretty fun game - although a bit time consuming.. our last match lasted 5+ hours... it is fun though, although is it just me or can the sound get a bit repetative?

Actually Starcraft looks like a roadkill armidillo compaired to EE... Blizzard has good games in its own right but you can't compare Starcraft to EE.. totally different systems with different features, graphics and gameplay.

If you guys want a real deep fun 3d RTS game, go buy warzone 2100, hands down the funnest RTS game I have ever played in my entire life. AOE/EE/WC have nothing on this game.

Back