• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

why the wii-love?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only difference between the Gamecube and the Wii is the remote.

Gamespot said that the Wii Version and Gamecube version of Zelda: Twilight Princess, look exactly alike.

What does that mean? At first the Wii is going to be really popular, but shortly after the kind of games released will still be kiddy like. Just like the Gamecube crumbled, so will the wii.

Adults want graphics, I have a 50" plasma that I paid over 3 grand for, and I want to be able to use it. Not sit around in 480p which the playstation 2 could do years ago. I want to play mature games like gears of war and stuff like that. Not Mario Kart, pokemon, and donkey kong.

As a side note: wii is perhaps the gayest name one could come up with.

Slightly off subject, but I think Wii is mainly a marketing strat that has worked perfectly as everyone once that was announced started to talk about the systems name, which eventual leads to talking about the system

I dunno, seems cool to me.

From the perspective of a poor college student: I don't have an HDTV or anything fancy like that, and to be honest, a large part of my life is composed of late night smash bros. sessions. Waving my arms around during this process is going to make it that much more fun...That's why I'm investing in one; though not at first. I'm gonna wait for a year until there are more games out for it.

sl4vik said:
The only difference between the Gamecube and the Wii is the remote.

Gamespot said that the Wii Version and Gamecube version of Zelda: Twilight Princess, look exactly alike.

What does that mean? At first the Wii is going to be really popular, but shortly after the kind of games released will still be kiddy like. Just like the Gamecube crumbled, so will the wii.

Adults want graphics, I have a 50" plasma that I paid over 3 grand for, and I want to be able to use it. Not sit around in 480p which the playstation 2 could do years ago. I want to play mature games like gears of war and stuff like that. Not Mario Kart, pokemon, and donkey kong.

As a side note: wii is perhaps the gayest name one could come up with.

This folks is what you call a fanboy, nuff' said. ^^^^

All talk, but as most fanboys, no facts. :beer:

Here we go, throwing the fanboy term around just like every other game thread that talks of consoles. Most of what he said was an opinion, if you disagree with the other part then post facts that prove him wrong. It's really old to see people say fanboy at the drop of a hate just because you don't agree.

tenchi86 said:
Here we go, throwing the fanboy term around just like every other game thread that talks of consoles. Most of what he said was an opinion, if you disagree with the other part then post facts that prove him wrong. It's really old to see people say fanboy at the drop of a hate just because you don't agree.

Amen brother, Nuff' said ain't enough said. I'm sure he could disput some of those claims, but Nuff' said fanboy doesn't do any point justice.

Nuff' said.

j/k, lol

ps is Stan Lee or The Thing all of a sudden cool or is that coming from somewhere else?

tenchi86 said:
Most of what he said was an opinion, if you disagree with the other part then post facts that prove him wrong.

Your right, it was his opinion.

As for posting facts, all you need to do is type in the difference between Wii and Gamecube in Google to see the specs between the two for yourself, anyone can.

Him posting, "The only difference between the Gamecube and the Wii is the remote", was not a fact, that's all I was trying to say. It's made up bashing because he may or may not like the system.

He wanted "mature" games, there again you can search Google or Gamespot for that matter to find mature related games for the GC. Sure the GC didn't have as many mature titles as the Xbox or PS2, but saying all the games were kiddie games are not facts.

In regards to the "fanboy" comment, take it how you want. Nothing else I can say about it.

WHY THE HATE ON THE VIRTUAL BOY?! That thing was SICK! I really wish I never sold mine off (for a mere $60 when i spent over $200 on all of my collection! :bang head).

I got my gamecube at launch, was so psyched for it. It's quite the great console, I definitely prefer it over my PS2. My PS2 had a few good games, and a huge library, but not many of them are quality. I liked the games on my GCN more than the PS2. The Revolution (i REFUSE to call it the "wii") is very attractive to me. I'm definitely getting it, just not at launch. I want it in black :D.

However, PC gaming > all.

locknessmonster.jpg

I'm closing this before it becomes any less productive than it already is.

Don't want a Wii? Don't buy one. Same goes for any other console you may or may not like. I'm sick and tired of having to sit here and babysit bullcrap threads like this.

As we say over at Destructoid: STFUAJPG!

Thread over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back