• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why won't my Dlink and Linksys play nice?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PCGUY112887

I have a DI-604 router, had it forever and works great. Not long ago I got a Linksys EtherFast® 10/100 5-port Auto-Sensing Switch. For some reason they just won't play nice. Most of the time with I put the switch on, the router goes all wacky (flashing like crazy) and the network goes down. Took me forever to get it working. I kept putting my xbox on the switch and it would flip out, so I ended up moving my 1 comp and xbox in order on the switch (were in random ports last time) and they seemed to connect OK. (yes I have the uplink on the right port).

Anyways I thought my problems were over untill now. I started sending a large ammount of files from comp to comp over my network, and my router kept forkin up. Connection kept getting cut off, i'd lose the whole network. I wasn't using a comp that was on the switch so I didn't think about it, but now that I took off the switch the files are movin, and they are movin FAST (before with the switch on all file transfers slowed to a crawl).

What on earth is going on?

could u try this switch on another network to make sure its not just faulty?
I use a Dlink 5 port switch and a linksys router as part of my network and they work ok...

Back