• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will a Duron 750 MHz heatsink/fan work on a Duron 1.3 GHz?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DarkJediSleikas

I'm about to make a complete system from parts I have laying around that were phased out when I upgraded. I want to slap it together and sell it on Ebay.

The main problem I have is that the processor is only a Duron 750. Since the common person puts way too much emphasis on the processor, I think it would be a good idea for me to spend $32 on a Duron 1.3 GHz for the system, but I don't want to have to buy new cooling for it.

Can I use the heatsink/fan that came with the Duron 750?

I could run the Duron 750 @ 950 @ 1.80V and get temps around 50-55C full load. The heatsink/fan is made by Coolermaster but I can't remember the model. It's all aluminium and the 60mm fan spins at about 5700 RPM.

BTW I am open to offers on the system :) . My goal is to sell it for $225.

I have that same heatsink on my Duron 800. I would suggest that you lap it and use thermal paste, and as long as it isn't overclocked, you should be fine.

-PC

As he said if it isn't overclocked it would be fine, but with maybe a new copper heatsink it would increase value, looks, and interest. Just something to think about :)

Back