• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 due late 2009/early 2010

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
windows 95 is better than vista IMO right now... lol

I dislike vista as much (or possibly more) then the next guy, but does vista bashing have to be apart of *every* thread?

not directed at any one person but I think that we should establish some rules about bashing vista when its off topic.

This is about the next OS not the current crud-fest

I dislike vista as much (or possibly more) then the next guy, but does vista bashing have to be apart of *every* thread?

not directed at any one person but I think that we should establish some rules about bashing vista when its off topic.

This is about the next OS not the current crud-fest

yeah it does. Your complaining about it doesn't solve the problem....

I just say it in here cause honestly. I have high hopes for the next windows.

It's hit and miss with some. 95 was good(relatively speaking) 98 was... pointless. ME was.. odd... xp was good. vista is terrible... so hopefully the new one will be good.

So if their track record says anything everyone will probably be openly accepting this new one.

That and... yeah it's funny. I like joking about it. Just like that windows mojav commercial. I'd love to be on it and be like "is it supposed to do that? Why does it keep asking me the same thing over again? Why does everything run so slow? Should i feel this awful about using windows?" haha.

oh and is attracting attention to the new windows by saying stuff in the thread bad? If i didn't post something like i did i'm sure this would have drifted town to the bottom of the page then out of existance

last edit:

I actually meant to say in my first post "95 is better than vista IMO and i have high hopes for this one" but as usual at work i forget things. Whoopsie :) haha

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see what direction Microsoft takes with Windows 7.

Also IMO I have had a good experience with VISTA.

It will be interesting to see what direction Microsoft takes with Windows 7.

Also IMO I have had a good experience with VISTA.

agreed, if you havent tryed vista in the last 6 months... give it another shot. my XP pro machine crashs more than my vista 64 machine now.

hmmm...i was thinking about buying Vista 64, but should i wait

i tried Ultimate when it came out, and used it for about a year
but is was kinda buggy (as normal)

but i mostly use XP Home 32, should i wait?

i wanna be able to use direct X 10
and 64 bit again

i also have a brand new XP Home 64 i never used
shall i go to that?

windows 95 is better than vista IMO right now... lol

It's thoroughly average and I can (and do) tolerate most of its annoyances. I like Vista about as much as I like Ubnoobtu Ubuntu, which ranks it underneath OS X and Gentoo, but above Sun Solaris and the rest of the versions of Windows (including XP).

The experience has been far better than I thought. Not stellar, but far better.

If Windows 7 doesn't continue to treat me like a criminal I'll like it. :cool:

windows 7 just seems to be a reorganized vista. hopefully that will mean it will perform better and have options to stop the stupid stuff it does, but my experience is that 7 is still a trade off. You get some things you probably don't care about (possibly still useful?) at the cost of things that your xp rig has been able to do for a decade.

g0dM@n I couldn't figure it out either, so I deleted it.

nikhsub1
Forums Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
It is my understanding that for the most part W7 will be what Vista was 'supposed' to be. I do look forward to it and hope it will fix the bugs of the original Vista as well as give up some of the cool features that were stripped from Vista before its release. I would also like to see W7 return some of the things Vista took away. It will remain to be seen but from all I hear W7 should be a solid piece.

Just my 2 cents.

Z

thanks-for-the-info.jpg

It is my understanding that for the most part W7 will be what Vista was 'supposed' to be. I do look forward to it and hope it will fix the bugs of the original Vista as well as give up some of the cool features that were stripped from Vista before its release. I would also like to see W7 return some of the things Vista took away. It will remain to be seen but from all I hear W7 should be a solid piece.
I'm hoping it will be, because they sure need to redeem themselves.

Honestly, I wonder why they can't come up with good, solid releases, although reading blogs of (anonymous) people who work at Microsoft is fairly insightful. Incompetence in software development management seems nearly universal once a company gets to a certain size...

Back