• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

windows question about games.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BigRed

Caffinated Member
well im about to format my hdd and swap mobos and reinstall xp corp. the thing is i have a raid drive (2x 20gb drives) with all my games installed on it and after i format and reinstall windows would i still be able to run them? or would i gotta make a backup copy of some registry entries? i dont wanna reinstall 26gb of games, lol. so would the games work after i reinstall windows if not what would i have to do to keep them?

I think that the games will have a lot of registry entries. I would try reinstalling windows and seeing if the games will run. If a game wont run, you will need to reinstall it.

That will mostly depend on how the games were installed originally. Most that were done through Setup will probably have to be reinstalled. As David said. you'll probably have more work doing registry entries than reinstalling.

I would try just reinstalling windows and try to run the games, one at a time. If the game works, then you're fine - it may reinstall the registry entries it lost. If it doesn't - reinstall the game. See if you can backup your savegames if possible.

Back