• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

World of Tanks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There should totally be an OC Forums skirmish team! The amount of gold that can be made is insane. Battles are usually between 10-11PM EST. Just last week my group won both stages and I came away with 10,000 gold. Combine that with CW payouts and I had right around $50 worth of gold in one week. :D

Also you rarely need tier X's for skirmishes if ever! Last weeks was actually tier I's.

My latest unlocked X is the FV4202. Although I'm holding onto the Cent 7/1 until the new tier X British replacement is released. I've got 190K to go for the Obj 140 and 90k to go for the T110E4. Unfortunately lack of credits has become my biggest enemy.

E100
Jgdpz E100
E50M

T110E5
M60
T57

IS7

As an ex-hardcore WoT player I want to say to all tank players/lovers that since today War Thunder tanks will go in Open Beta so anyone can try the grass from the other side maybe it's greener. Or maybe not. :)
You must know just one thing, forget almost all you know from WoT if you want to enjoy Ground Forces.

It's not a spam just a head-up. :)

As an ex-hardcore WoT player I want to say to all tank players/lovers that since today War Thunder tanks will go in Open Beta so anyone can try the grass from the other side maybe it's greener. Or maybe not. :)
You must know just one thing, forget almost all you know from WoT if you want to enjoy Ground Forces.

It's not a spam just a head-up. :)

I tried it on my friends account and the only thing I liked was the spotting system. Everything else about that game I absolutely hated. If you like a more arcadey style then WoT is for you, if you want a more realistic try hard style then GF is for you. That's my .02.

Funny thing is that spotting is not done yet. They don't take account of bushes/trees. :D
Otherwise you're right, if you want an arcade game stay at WoT because is much more fun than GF Arcade battles (I mean it).
But if you want to try another approach for tank battles try Realistic or Simulator battles because they are something new and completely different than WoT.

The good thing is that from now we'll have two different games with tanks and this is nice for us p(l)ayers and for them developers because now it's a competition not only a monopoly. :)

No the real reason it's good is because it will force War Gaming to pull their heads out of their ***** and fix core problems with World of Tanks! :)

IMHO posting in here about War Thunder is like posting about COD in a BF thread. Bad form. But that's just me.

Farmed a massive amount of XP on my T-54 this weekend with the bonus. I think around 120-140k. Expecting to make 6million in credits this week so that I can buy the obj 140 this weekend. I also like how the missions this week are damage based and not kills!

Sorry Owe, I just want to say that another tank game is up and running.
Nothing more, nothing less. :)
Don't want to derail this thread just to say that you can try GF now.

I've had my fair share of WoT. 41k battles until last year. Now it's time to move on.

Have fun guys. :salute:

Sorry Owe, I just want to say that another tank game is up and running.
Nothing more, nothing less. :)
Don't want to derail this thread just to say that you can try GF now.

I've had my fair share of WoT. 41k battles until last year. Now it's time to move on.

Have fun guys. :salute:

Shoulda got into Clanwars/Skirmishes! It certainly brought new life to the game for me. I mean I free XP'd almost through the entire Russian medium line with earned gold alone. It's absolutely awesome to not spend money on the game. Plus the community surrounding the clan is awesome as well.

I'll come back to WoT (for my curiosity) when all HD models and Havoc will be implemented.
First love is hard to forget. :)

Bought the T110E4. Seems like a great tank but everyone shoots that darn cupola on the top. About 3.1mil short of the Obj 140.

Bought the T110E4. Seems like a great tank but everyone shoots that darn cupola on the top. About 3.1mil short of the Obj 140.

Obviously! I shoot at that in my FV 183 for massive damage each time!

Anyhoo guys, 9.1 test server just hit! No new HD models or Physics this time, but mostly just fixes to previous issues and some map changes + 1 new map. Don't be surprised if this one is mostly about optimizing the engine so that they can accelerate introducing the new HD Models once they figure out the proper way to mass-produce/assembly line them (the more shared modules tanks have, the easier it will be to HD them).

You could just post your in game name. :p Plus who skypes while gaming? That's so 2012. heh

Also over the weekend with the double XP I ground out both the 140 (purchased w00t) and the 62A. Sold that POS in a hurry too! While I did great in it that 210 pen at tier 9 is terribad. I'm grinding my FCM 50t like a madman this week to bank as much credits as possible.

Need to buy: FV4202 and T62A.

Seems a managed a 100% win rate in the short period I had to play last night. huehuehue

signature.png

Last edited:
Unlocked two more tier 10s over the weekend!

Now I have: T110E4, T110E5, T57 Heavy, WZ-121, E50-M, Leopard 1 and E-100.

Hahaha! I love when others smash into mine and take loads of damage. The best I've gotten was a full HP batchat going downhill for 1400+ damage.

I've got 100% controlled impact trained and spal liner.

Hahaha! I love when others smash into mine and take loads of damage. The best I've gotten was a full HP batchat going downhill for 1400+ damage.

I've got 100% controlled impact trained and spal liner.
I've doen similar on the 'Himmelsdorf Hill'. I'll have to check my skills and equipment. Usually a good ram makes them a one-shot! :bday:

Back