• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Would "spinner" fans be possible?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
vonkaar said:

Specific... nobody here is pointing any fingers at another 'user' besides you. There wasn't any 'flame' started until people told 'us' that our opinions aren't valid. 'We' didn't tell Nitro that he's stupid... 'We' didn't flame him in any way. 'You' are telling 'us' that 'we' are wrong for expressing our opinion of an idea. Is it in the manner? If I had been less jocular in my initial post and opted for a 'Ned Flanders' remark such as, "Well gee, I can't say that I'd like that on my case, but you go right ahead," would this third post (of mine) be necessary? There is more talk (off-topic, mind you) from you about 'us' (the haters) than the original mod in question. As far as I'm concerned, our opinionated posts are more 'on topic' than your crusade.

Back 'on topic'...

Nitro, you might look up a little on TMD fans such as the one found on the Vantec Aeroflow. They are less dependant on the central spindle than other fans. As a bonus, they (TMD Fans) typically have a chrome (or at least a 'metal') frame for extra 'bling' appeal.

Invalid?
Hold up. I said nothing like that. Just that the expression of your self claimed "flawless" opinion was out of place.

My comment about haters was made in jest. With a winking smile. Or, did you notice? This so called crusade is nothing of the sort. I reacted to [OC]Lucifer's idea that i was trying to start a flame war. I wasn't, and i think he understands that. At least i can respect him, after all this nonsense.

And don't try to turn this into an arguement over freedom of expression. You weren't the only one who expressed themselves a little too openly. It's like the thing your mom used to say, or should have said to you as a kid. "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything." Should you plead the 5th in all walks of life? Of course not. How could it burn you so much to be told that your comments are out of line, anyway? If you can crap on his idea, i can crap on your dislike of it. It's only fair.

Between you and me, I find your remarks more on the 'flaming' side. Obviously Nitro didn't take offense to 'our' original opinion on it...

You are beating a dead horse that has long since crusted over.

On topic = "An opinion of a possible mod."

Off topic = "A discussion regarding the sanctity of said opinion"

Further off topic = "Continuing to discuss said opinion in a thread intended for mod discussion."

Getting stupid = "If you can crap on his idea, i(sic) can crap on your dislike of it."

I have no problem with you telling me that you disagree with my opinion. If that's all you were doing, I'd smile and walk away. Some people said that this mod would be ugly, others said it would be pretty. That's a simple difference of opinion. No foul there. What I *did* take offense to was your telling us that we were wrong for stating our opinions. I'm just as free to state my opinion as the guy that says he loves the mod. As long as I'm not insulting the person, no foul. This is especially true since it was discussing a 'possible' mod. I'd tread more lightly on a finished mod (even ugly ones) ... I wouldn't want to hurt any feelings. Regardless...

This is the lamest thread crap I've seen since they closed General Discussion. Keep it 'on topic' or take it to PM.

sounds do-able, could be cool as a slow moving fan guard... Now i agree with those who dislike the look of them on cars, but then again i do lots of things to my computer that i wouldnt do to my car (like neon lights)...

Personally I think Nitro has a very cool and original idea. If this mod turns out good i will be making some spinner fans as well. I think it would be fun and the results would look really nice to see one fast spinning blade behing a slow spinning blade. Also if this is done i dont think a plastic blade infront of another plastic blade is concidered "bling bling" so just relax guys, modding is only fun.

Cant wait for the pic's man, good luck. :)

PunkRawk911 said:
I have seem some cars with "spinner" rims that look awesome, but I have seen some real nightmares too. I think if you had the right case, something like a lian-li, and you got this to work, it would look really cool.

I agree, the mod can look sweet or it may not, but I say its worth a try. I also have seen a fair amount of cars in my neighborhood and right near by that got spinners. Some are nice some just look ugly and the chrome doesnt seem to match the paint. Now my neighbors black Escalade with spinners that give it the "glideing effect" looks pretty nice especially since the rest of the car is stock. :)

Again, I say go for your mod and then post some pics. :cool:

I haven't even started yet, I didn't get the RTX..... yet. I still have money on the way plus I sold my processor and memory which gives me more money for the project. Give me a couple of weeks and I'll see if I can make this possibility true.

lol...i am interested in seeing it...

although i wouldn't do it to mine in any world, i do see mods done that i would never do and they don't seem too bad(when other people do them)

so good luck!

(IMO) i think it's a great idea. it's about time someone came up with something original in the mod arena. who knows how it will look, but i give you mad props for originality.

keep up the good work.

and to all out there who say that they dont like "BLING" on their 'puters, ask yourself what the leds are for, or the cc tubes, or the .........etc.

how much "BLING" do you have?

any progress? still curious over what this'll look like...

I've been thinking that it might be cool to stick a full-size car wheel spinner to a plain side-panel, and to cut vent holes behind the spinner's blades, so that air getting sucked in (all other case fans are now going out) would spin the spinner... you could set this up on bearings and everything :D

man... if a ninja walked into your room and saw that... hed kick you RIGHT IN YOUR FACE! and he wouldnt even care.

edit, i made you a picture of wut would happen if a ninja saw your puter!

ninja-gif.gif

:)

Last edited:
Back