• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X800 XT in STOCK!! Hurry

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm not sure that I believe that website; I am more inclined to believe it's a typographical error. There is nobody, to include even on the Asian continent, that has an X800XT in stock yet. Not only that, but a selling price at $70 below MSRP while beating every other manufacturer to the punch by likely no less than a week? Combined with the fact that Gateway doesn't typically deal in the "mass quantity" profit margins on individual parts like NewEgg, and it suddenly doesn't add up...

I bet a free cup of coffee that this is an X800Pro, which puts it basically in-line (price wise, availability wise, and logic-wise) with everyone else.

Albuquerque said:
I bet a free cup of coffee that this is an X800Pro, which puts it basically in-line (price wise, availability wise, and logic-wise) with everyone else.

Someone called Gateway on the Rage3d forums and they said it was an XT not a PRO. But it still could be a PRO who knows...

Albuquerque said:
I'm not sure that I believe that website; I am more inclined to believe it's a typographical error. There is nobody, to include even on the Asian continent, that has an X800XT in stock yet. Not only that, but a selling price at $70 below MSRP while beating every other manufacturer to the punch by likely no less than a week? Combined with the fact that Gateway doesn't typically deal in the "mass quantity" profit margins on individual parts like NewEgg, and it suddenly doesn't add up...

I'll take that bet:) Lets wait and see what happens.

Joe Don Baker said:
Someone called Gateway on the Rage3d forums and they said it was an XT not a PRO. But it still could be a PRO who knows...
I read the entire thread before replying...

The problem here is that NONE of those people taking phone calls are actually able to see the stock, let alone physically verify the actual card being shipped. They are reading what's provided to them on their little ordering terminals while sitting in the sales department's cubicle rows...

The picture I have in my head is a huge shipment of 100+ X800Pro cards that came in, were mis-scanned, mis-entered or maybe even mislabeled on the carrier box, and were thus fed into the asset system erroneously. As soon as it appeared to be in stock, the link becomes available for the online ordering system, and it also shows up in the computer systems that the sales personell are looking at.

Seriously, do you expect a sales person sitting in front of an ACD phone queue to actually have any sort of physical proof of what's in the storeroom? Of course not; they're going on what their system says. If the system says "Yes, we have plenty in stock" then they have no reason to say otherwise.

That doesn't mean Gateway is outright lying, nor does it mean the sales people are either. That also doesn't mean they're right :)

and it is sort of strange that even ATI isn't selling them yet....looks like my x800pro is going back to BB soon :santa2:

I guess I should state that there's no certainty that I'm right; it very well COULD be an honest-to-god X800XT Platinum Edition that is somehow available thru Gateway before anyone else. Believe me when I say that CDW is getting a phone call from me first thing tomorrow morning to see if I can pricematch Gateway's offering, since (from the website anyway) both companies are using the same part number.

I'm going to keep my order with CDW either way, as I have no need to get the card any earlier than the 15th. Even if I ordered from Gateway today and they delivered it on Saturday, I wouldn't be at home to play with it. I'm on vacation (and hundreds of miles from my computer) from noon on the 4th until like midnight on the 14th ;) I have no need to "rush" it here if I'm not gonna be here to check it out.

That, and my little "sales rep lady" Maria from CDW has been really nice to me, even so far as to call me (twice now) to let me know the status on my order -- once when it was officially put into backorder status, and once again yesterday to let me know they have a tenative June 15th shipping date now. Even if they don't match the price, what's $20 on a $450 pricetag really? :p

ordered it....
no tax, no shipping (from the link above, the coupon code)
total of 430 for XT Plat (hope its a XT)

EDIT: I was actually charged for tax : (
470 total.

Last edited:
I almost ordered it but decided to keep my order with CDW, after tax (7.25%) at gatewat it was $466 where CDW is $459. I also dont think that gateway really has them and agree with Albuquerque. but if you did order it you better post when it gets delivered! CDW still says 2+ weeks :(

Omg!!!!

i wish i could order mine right now!!!
dammit i have to wait till payday aka friday
please oh please still have them in stock!!!! :D :attn: :bday: :beer: :p :burn: :droo
SO MANY MIXED EMOTIONS!!!

Albuquerque said:
I read the entire thread before replying...

The problem here is that NONE of those people taking phone calls are actually able to see the stock, let alone physically verify the actual card being shipped. They are reading what's provided to them on their little ordering terminals while sitting in the sales department's cubicle rows...

The picture I have in my head is a huge shipment of 100+ X800Pro cards that came in, were mis-scanned, mis-entered or maybe even mislabeled on the carrier box, and were thus fed into the asset system erroneously. As soon as it appeared to be in stock, the link becomes available for the online ordering system, and it also shows up in the computer systems that the sales personell are looking at.

Seriously, do you expect a sales person sitting in front of an ACD phone queue to actually have any sort of physical proof of what's in the storeroom? Of course not; they're going on what their system says. If the system says "Yes, we have plenty in stock" then they have no reason to say otherwise.

That doesn't mean Gateway is outright lying, nor does it mean the sales people are either. That also doesn't mean they're right :)

I believe that is why I said it still could be a PRO.

i just tried ordering one more and the cart doesnt show anything, guess they are now out of stock maybe?

either way, whether they have it in stock or not, the people who placed an order will get and x800 XT PE. unlikely gateway will just cancel all the orders and say it was a mistake.

Back