• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X800 XT in STOCK!! Hurry

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yzzuf said:
i sure wish i would have held off buying my 9800 pro 1 month ago:(

Well I bought mine a week ago (got a 60% refund for my 9600 Pro), and am happy with it, as I got one with the R360 core and temp monitoring :) It's a good card!

In 6 months this entire thread is going to start all over with a slightly different model #. :p

timzak said:
In 6 months this entire thread is going to start all over with a slightly different model #. :p

But the reason that made me order this card was because this card just surpasses previous generation by aprx. 30-40% increase in performance. Whereas, 9800PRO-9800XT, it was barely a 10% increase. 9700pro-9800pro wasn't too significant either, due to the fact that 9700pro was a great card (the one that sent nvidia to hell, even to this day)

This must be a mistake. They don't even have a X800 pro listed for sale :confused:

If the X800 was there too, then I'd believe it, but I'm more inclined to think some idiot mis-labled the Pro.

It was there before ...but it has been removed due to a high amout of calls and possibly listed with the wrong price.

btw, how much XT PE will be held back by my XP-M running at 2.6ghz (ddr480)??? I'm more worried about not getting full speed of the XT then this gateway thing.

Last edited:
You aren't going to get the full speed of the x800xt with any of today's hardware. An AMD FX53 overclocked to like 3ghz with DCDDR running at like 500mhz+ is probably about where you'll start equalizing out with the card's potential.

The problem here is that most games simply don't use this much horsepower yet... Give the software guys a year, and suddenly the video card will start becoming the bottleneck again ;)

oc_byagi,

I doubt your cpu will slow you down at all, especially with AA/AF on. You know your minimum framerates will be cpu-limited with no AA/AF and will be video card-limited with high res/AA/AF enabled. I wouldn't worry about it as long as minimum framerates stay in the 50's and higher (which is a no brainer that they will with this card and 2.6Ghz of Athlon XP).

bojangles said:
how about monitor limited lol, i can only run 1280x1024@75
I cant even get CS past 90 at any resolution.

lol I can't bare anything above or less than 85fps. Too much fps makes the images look really blurry, and not enough frams are as you all know, LAGGY.

I ordered on last nite around 11 pm got a ship date of 6/9...best buy is preordered also so either way...I am getting one..... :attn:

theELVISCERATOR said:
I ordered on last nite around 11 pm got a ship date of 6/9...best buy is preordered also so either way...I am getting one..... :attn:

DAMN Wasn't Best Buy 499.99 plus shipping/tax???

lies!

i just spoke with a gateway rep over the phone.it's about 7:40 here in LA,CA.
he told me that "due to the large call volume regarding (x800xt) they have decided to hold back the shipping date on orders untill mid june...i smell someething fishy...could they have goofed and are not admitting it...you decide.probably.yes.

Sounds like someone jumped the gun a bit. I think Gateway put those up and then looked at when they were expecting the shipment. Oooooops, it says 6/15 . Better take that off the website. ;) Good thing I ordered my x800 pro from newegg tonight. :) Should be here MON OR TUES. I can't wait to upgrade from this 9800se. Should be a nice bump in performance.

Timdog said:
Sounds like someone jumped the gun a bit. I think Gateway put those up and then looked at when they were expecting the shipment. Oooooops, it says 6/15 . Better take that off the website. ;) Good thing I ordered my x800 pro from newegg tonight. :) Should be here MON OR TUES. I can't wait to upgrade from this 9800se. Should be a nice bump in performance.

so are gonna do the x800 pro---> x800XT mod on that one? :eek:

Back