• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XFX 8800GT 512MB - $157.58 AR at Newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmsandrsn

As of 4/27/08, the price may be $10 less than what the title states - See bold red print below

I noticed a very low price on this card as it was showing $179.99 plus shipping after a $12 instant rebate . That is XFX's standard speed 8800GT and I thought it was strange that there was not a rebate for the month of April (usually XFX rebates run for the whole month). So I looked in their rebate center and found a $30 rebate good for the whole month of April. I have a feeling that Newegg may have been trying to hide the rebate since they are offering the Instant Rebate.

XFX 8800GT 512MB at Newegg (Model# PVT88PYDF4)

XFX PVT88PYDF4 $30 Reabate (4/1/2008 - 4/30/2008)

So the price ends up being $179.99 - $30 Rebate + $7.59 Shipping = $157.58

Also, try using the following promotion code: PVT88ST at checkout for another $10 off which would take the total down to $147.58 - Your milege may vary (thanks to Chronostorm over at Fatwallet.com forums)

This is about $10 cheaper than ZZF. Not a bad deal overall but this one does run at standard speed (600 core, 1800 memory). A few weeks ago I was able to get the overclocked version (640 core, 1900 memory) for $170 shipped at Amazon.

Last edited:
Very nice find. :) For those who plan on purchasing it. If your fan ends up being non-variable you can contact XFX and they'll ship you out a variable fan at their cost(this one should come with a variable fan). You don't even need to return the old one. ^^

I don't know if its just me or what, but has anyone else noticed that prices on the 8800GTs have actually gone up a tad?

When the 9xxx series was first released, the prices dropped on the 8800s, but now seem to be climbing back up a bit.

...and what's with NE by hiding the rebate? Props to the OP for noting that this has a MIR.

Ordered :) nabbed a MCR-220 for $35 also, combined shipping was around $10. Kind of bugs me that the egg lists all these shipping costs with the items, seems to give the illusion that each item incurs that charge rather than it being the cost if the item were solo...

There was a period where 8800 and 3870 prices jumped back up, they seem to be back down to normal now. Figure with the 4k series and GT200 due out sometime between June and delay_date_X the prices are gonna keep dropping.

Strange things going on with newegg lately. Items showing up as deactivated, then back. Rebates not being advertised... :-/

Price may now be lower by $10. See the original post or try using Promotion Code: PVT88ST during checkout.

Back