• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XFX RMA Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

carlos1984

Hi Guys,

I was having a problem with my R9 -270x from XFX so I started a support ticket and in one of the messages I was told that the card is no good, that they would need proof of purchase and to email it to [email protected].

I sent the email two days ago and have still not heard anything. Has anyone had similar experience, how long did it take until you received word back.

Do they have a phone tech support number you could call and check on it?

My experience is that computer equipment manufacturer tech support is generally not very responsive at the consumer level. It can take them a long time to respond to emails. I would rattle their cage somehow. Squeaky wheel still gets the grease.

The one company whose tech support has impressed me is EVGA.

Do they have a phone tech support number you could call and check on it?

My experience is that computer equipment manufacturer tech support is generally not very responsive at the consumer level. It can take them a long time to respond to emails. I would rattle their cage somehow. Squeaky wheel still gets the grease.

The one company whose tech support has impressed me is EVGA.

Its funny you say that about EVGA, because to replace the R9 270X, I bought a GTX 1060 and it would not post , just a black screen, I emailed them with my concerns, I received a reply in less the 30 mins with RMA info. Shipped the card back two days ago, with no hassle. XFX used to be my to go PC components company but I will be using EVGA from now on. I will give XFX a call and see what they say. I suspect that they are taking their time because they are figuring out how to reject my claim. Just my suspicious mind starting up again.

Its funny you say that about EVGA, because to replace the R9 270X, I bought a GTX 1060 and it would not post , just a black screen, I emailed them with my concerns, I received a reply in less the 30 mins with RMA info. Shipped the card back two days ago, with no hassle. XFX used to be my to go PC components company but I will be using EVGA from now on. I will give XFX a call and see what they say. I suspect that they are taking their time because they are figuring out how to reject my claim. Just my suspicious mind starting up again.

More likely its reality. I think most of these companies' tech support departments are significantly understaffed and that's why it takes so long for them to respond. And when they do respond it often seems like they really didn't read your email because they suggest solutions you have already told them you tried in your original email. And then another week goes by before you hear from them again.

I had a similar experience with a different company. Basically I heard from the on a Thurs waited Friday - Mon and then sent them another email. It said something like, "Im sorry to rush you but the last I heard from you was 4 days ago and I would like to resolve this, please let me know what I should do". Next response was RMA info. Hope that helps.

I had a similar experience with a different company. Basically I heard from the on a Thurs waited Friday - Mon and then sent them another email. It said something like, "Im sorry to rush you but the last I heard from you was 4 days ago and I would like to resolve this, please let me know what I should do". Next response was RMA info. Hope that helps.

Hey, guys , I thought I would update you guys on what happened, so originally I think I sent the receipt info to escalations@xfxforce early Tuesday May 2nd 2017 , so yesterday I sent another email asking how much longer and I just heard back from someone today which is Friday, May 5 2017. It took them 4 days to return my email. That is a long time when you compare it to EVGA who return my email within minutes. Anyways they did approve my RMA, now we just have to see how long it will take them to return a working card to me. There is still the likelihood that they may still reject me once someone see/tests the card. This should not happen cause the card is basically mint looking.

Thank you guys for the responses, I will let you guys know when/if I receive my working card.

Why would they reject your RMA? Has the card been modified? There shouldn't be a problem.
I think he is just talking about the general anxiety that comes from the cold manner used by RMA departments. At least the ones I have used. Not only are they curt but they avoid making agreements and always leave room to wiggle away from giving you a working card. I know they have reasons for those things, I just cant rest easy until they say in plain English that Im getting my product returned. My guess is the OP has the same queasy RMA blues :)

Back