• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xp 2400 and ECS ks75a pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LilBuddy

would this be a good combo at all? frys has really good deals on it so i was wondering if this would be worth getting.

If you want to o/c that chip, don't get that ecs k7s5a pro. It's a very o/c option filled mobo.

That mobo doesnt have many OC options in the bios. There are some bios's that you can dl that give you access to more fsb options, but thats about it. Its a descent mobo, just not very OC friendly. If I remember correctly it only has 100fsb and 133fsb by default.

maxima88 said:
If you want to o/c that chip, don't get that ecs k7s5a pro. It's not a very o/c option filled mobo.
:) typo?

Generally ECS board offer OK performance on a budget, but they werent made with overclocking in mind, thus you wont find many options and tweaks available in the bios.

Having said that, the new pro version does offer usb2.0 and other goodies that would appeal to the casual user, but not the overclocker.

so $99 for the 2400+ and the ecs board isn't that good of a deal then?

how much can you overclock the 2400+, and how much on that specific board?

Cheesy Peas said:

huh?:confused:
I think I'm right and you did agree that there aren't many options for the overclocker. There is a bios that offers some overclocking FSB speeds up to 150fsb.

Abit NF7-S r2.0 12.5X200 :p

Get that mboard, it owns ;) Also get a small gb of ddr 400... Or higher ranked... But in my case, standard ddr make it correctly...

r u saying that fry's has the CPU AND the mobo for just 100 bucks? that would be a good deal, but it would be pointless for the overclocker.

maxima88 said:

huh?:confused:
I think I'm right and you did agree that there aren't many options for the overclocker. There is a bios that offers some overclocking FSB speeds up to 150fsb.

Here what you ACTUALLY posted:
If you want to o/c that chip, don't get that ecs k7s5a pro. It's a very o/c option filled mobo.

you missed the not bit out.
lol

.....typo?

Cheesy Peas said:

Here what you ACTUALLY posted:

you missed the not bit out.
lol

.....typo?

Going back to the orig post, it most certainly is a typo, TY very much. I did mean to add "NOT" to it. Cheers.:)

so do yall think i could get that board to go to a 150 FSB with the 15x multiplier to run 2.25ghz? that would seem good enogh for me.

well theres no guarantee, but if you get some PC2700 memory for it then it will increase your chances. $100 is a good deal anyway. and if you cant higher the fsb over a certain point, then you can just use a higher multi.

I'm almost sure there is no multi option in the bios or thru mobo jumpers. The cpu will have to be hard coded.

LilBuddy said:
what does hard coded mean? is that good or bad?

It's good.

It has to do with setting the multiplier really high, so you get a stable overclock without fsb.

it means actually altering the cpu physically(via bdige cutting/joining) so that the board recognised a different default mulitplier, of your choice.

Back