• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP & T-Bred MOBO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xspdr

Registered
I have to buy a new motherboard this week and i'm undecided. I wish someone here could help...

What's the BEST mobo for AMD CPU's and which supports Athlon XP and might support T-Bred though?

Please post the 2 BEST ones in your opinion cuz i HAVE to order it this week!

Thank you for your help!

(Money is not a issue/Not dual processor)

T-breds will run on all current boards that XP work on...

I have an MSI KT3 ULTRA ARU and LOVE IT, fast, stable and freegin PACKED with fun stuff (sound, bluetooth, usb 2.0 and a slew of other usb headers)!

EPOX sounds like the overclockers dream...

ASUS sounds like an expensive solution if you want RAID

I can't say anything about the others since MSI, EPOX and ASUS are the only boards I've ever owned, although I do have a giga-byte KM266a in the mail ;-) for my 5th rig ;-)

Will there really be that much performance boost with the 400 chipset as opposed to the 333 chipsets?

I vote for the Epox if you want some Major overclocking.

your bandwidth between the cpu and memory is higher...and with DDR400 too. and i think the Kt400 will support AGP8x too, so i guess there will be a major boost in performance.:D

and oh yeah, WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!! :D

Kato: Thanks for the welcome, and I guess it makes plenty of sense. The only thing that made me wonder about it was I didn't see a whole lot of difference between the 266 and 333 besides the overclocking factor.:)

Thank you for the answers guys, i appreciate your opnion..
-
By the way, anyone here know a link of an article about RAID (0, 1) so i can read and understand it a bit better?

Back