• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zodi's WC Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thank you Jack I appreciate your gratitude Sir. Checking out the video now thank god for 3 monitors :p (3 more in 6 months. Overkill? :) )

Yea with this system I do feel like I've won an intergalactic cruise or something. It's great! My old system I actually sold when I started driving trucks and got an ok laptop. So the laptop as my gaming pc for about the last 2 years. You can imagine how I felt when I got this bad boy up and running!

Well so far in the video I count 3 places for 480 rads and a 360 on the front. Doesn't look like I'll be able to use the 360 if I have 2 480's in the bottom. Dude, a single loop thru 3 480's? Holy smokes.

Well so far in the video I count 3 places for 480 rads and a 360 on the front. Doesn't look like I'll be able to use the 360 if I have 2 480's in the bottom. Dude, a single loop thru 3 480's? Holy smokes.

Well technically you can only fit a 480 and a 240 on the bottom with a premium big size PSU installed with either push or pull and have some wiggle room. You will only have room to put a 240 in the front since the bottom is occupied with 2 rads + fans. Than that leaves you with the top with a 480 as well. Bascially it comes out like this Bottom 480+240, 480 up top and 240 up front if you're mounting SSDs else where to a total of 480 x3. My goodness that's ALOT of raddage. :drool:

I know I will be overkilling in radiator usage on my next build and rightfully so with fans speeds 800-1000 rpm max on push only me thinks. I'll be using my existing SR-1 360 up top possibly in push and pull and have a 480+240 on the bottom in push. All for a CPU + GPU loop. Talk about overkill right? Well my excuse will be it is future proof so leave me alone. :rofl:

I am about halfway thru the video now and just saw all of that. I am thinking for me a 480 on top with push/pull and 480 + 240. I could run the front and move 2 SSD's to an optical bay. All my storage is all NAS on a gigabit network so not like I need all the extra HD cages. I'll explore that option.

Lol notes in progress I am editing it as I go. Just random thoughts I'm jotting down in my notes post :p That post will be updated continuously.

Don't bother with a Cosmos II if you're planning to run 2 loops (or even 3 or 4 780's).

There's not enough area to fit many rads. Believe me. The 900D is a better choice.

Im actually moving my stuff to that case once i moved to my new place in a month or so.

:thup: Agree.

Awesome. Please create a thread with some pics. :popcorn:

I would love to see that as well!

Yea I have pretty much settled on the 900D. Truly impressive case. Unfortunately no one has them or I would have ordered it now. It's easier planning a build while physically seeing your case of choice rather than looking at photo's wouldn't you agree?

Unfortunately Corsair has been having issues with keeping then in stock and the fact that it seems overpriced on Newegg. I am waiting to see it go for $350 or less with Free Shipping.

Yea Newegg is fairly pricey on most stuff. I find Fry's beats them by a few bucks. Luckily I have 3 Fry's here. I stopped by one of them today looking for the 900D. No joy :(

I remember Frys around here many years ago. They were a rip off. Maybe they've changed their policy.

Well they still don't have much of a selection on high end pc parts. I think they are more of a mainstream / newbie modder store. Just my impression. Don't get me wrong they have some nice useful things in there that I could use. But I don't see myself getting an entire build piece by piece from them.

Back