Hefty power supply for power hungry PCs – Joe
SUMMARY: Hefty power supply for power hungry PCs.
The good guys at Kingwin were nice enough to send a sample of their MACH 1 POWER ABT-1000MA1S to look over – this is a 1000 watt unit in an attractive black case with a 150 mm fan illuminated by four blue LEDs – a very hefty unit weighing in at nine pounds.
- Maximum power 1000 Watts
- Input maximum current 115 – 240 Vac, 15 Amps
- ATX 12V Ver.2.92
- Modular cable connectors
- Two PCI express connectors (6 pin)
- Two PCI express connectors (6 + 2 Pin)
- Eight SATA connectors
- Gold-coated connectors
- Six 12V rails
- Support EPS & Intel 945/955/975x chipset
- One bottom blue LED fan, 150 x 150 mm with auto fan-speed sensor
- Efficiency up to 86%
- Overpower protection 105% – 150%
- MTBF 100,000 hours under the following conditions – full-rated load, 120Va AC input and 25ºC ambient
- AC Input 115 & 240V
- 80 Plus ™ Bronze Certified
- NVIDIA ® SLI ™-ready certified
- Size: 7 1/16″ / 180 mm L x 5 7/8″ / 150 mm W x 3 3/8″ / 85 mm) H
- Weight: 9 lbs / 4083 grams
|±5%||Ripple & Noise(mV)||50|
|120||50||Total Power||1000W continuous output @ 50C ambient temperature|
The front shows the power plug and switch. Note that the back is almost completely unobstructed for air flow – the grid covers the full back.
The back shows the power ports for the various cables:
The power ports light up when connected:
The plugs are held in place by screwing the plugs into the ports:
The motherboard plugs can handle all current ATX power schemes:
The 150 mm cooling fan pretty much fills up the case:
When powered up, there are four LEDs that illuminate the blades:
Opening the top shows the hefty components to deliver the goods:
In use, I found it very quiet, most likely because I do not have a system that can stress this power supply to its max output – the fan barely ticked over. The fan monitors temps so as the load increases, the fan will speed up – even under stress (such as it was), the fan was not noticeable.
Kingwin’s’s Mach 1 1000 Watt Power Supply appears to be a sound addition for those power hungry PCs that are loaded with extras.
Thanks again to Kingwin for sending this our way – a nice unit!