Attractive, durable package for mobile storage – Joe
SUMMARY: Very attractive SATA HD external enclosure.
- Material: Aluminum
- Supports 3.5″ SATA HD
- E-SATA + USB Combo; USB 2.0: 1.5/12/480 Mbps/SATA: 1.5/3 Gb/s
- Front illumination LED with rear on/off switch
- Weight: 2.5 lbs (1134 g)
- Size: 8 1/4″(210 mm)L x 1 1/2″(40 mm)W x 5 1/4″(130 mm)H
- Includes external power supply, USB and SATA cables, mounting screws and screwdriver
- Available in Red, Black or Blue
The back shows the USB, SATA, On/Off switch and power port:
Removing the two screws on the backplate allows the carrier to be removed from the sleeve – note that it slips out from the front. The HD mounts to the side of the sleeve:
Insert two cables to the back of the SATA drive and you’re set to insert the HD back into the sleeve:
Parts the ship with the drive include the external power supply, USB/SATA cables, mounting screws and screwdriver:
I tested Kingwin’s Z1-35EU-BK with an 80 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 rpm 3.5″ SATA HD on my ASUS Z71A using the USB port with the following results:
Typical performance with a USB port – faster drives will show better results.
Attractive, good performance, either SATA or USB capable and a sturdy enclosure – a nice package for external HD storage.
Thanks again to Kingwin for sending this our way – an attractive package for an external HD.