• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Outlook 2000 problem. Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

torin3

Ok, recently one of the higher-ups at my company had her mailbox corrupted. The inbox repair tool was able to recover about 1/2 of the mail, but it seems that somehow the settings for O2K were messed up. It no longer has any services available to be added other than some Corel address book and a fax service. It no longer recieves microsoft mail from internal addresses on this person's computer, and when she is logged in on another computer, she does recieve some internal mail, but not all of it, and doesn't have any other services that can be added in other than the
fax service.

I've tried repairing, and repair intalling office, and uninstalling office entirely and reinstalling. The damaged settings remain.

I think if I could do a clean uninstall I could install fresh, create a new mailbox and configure the services and then add in the old mailbox.pst files as personal folders and it should work. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to do this? Right now I'm thinking of uninstalling, then searching the registry and removing any settings for outlook or the username, but I'm not that hopefull it will actually work.

Oh yeah, and an even higher up said it had to be done tomorrow at the latest....

Help?

3 1/2 years later, it probably won't help.

We're now running Outlook 07 with a real Exchange server.

Yeah. That's exactly why I don't trust networked windows pc's. Especially when the IT guy doesn't back it up.

I'm calling SPAM on Post 2.

I'd say you are right. I didn't realise it because I didn't look at the link address. I'm just used to using scanpst to fix mailboxes, and thought it was a link to that, but from the address I see it isn't pointing to Microsoft.

Reported.

I'm calling SPAM on Post 2.

I'd say you are right. I didn't realise it because I didn't look at the link address. I'm just used to using scanpst to fix mailboxes, and thought it was a link to that, but from the address I see it isn't pointing to Microsoft.

Reported.

Both of you are right and teh spammer has disappeared. :D

And now I will put this thread to sleep where it needs to stay and keep teh spammers from disturbing it again. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back