• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phenom II X6 1090T Overclocked to 6.29Ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dostov

Overclockers.com Reporter
Not too shabby, I must say.

The bloke, going by the screen name of Luca, used ubiquitous liquid nitrogen to cool the CPU. A cozy 1.93v was used to put the chip through its paces.

Source: Fudzilla

Proof: CPU-Z Validation

Cheers! :)

This means absolutely nothing

Thx for trolling, if you have nothing nice to say.. don't say it at all.

It may not clock as high as the 955 on liquid nitrogen or liquid helium.. but seeing this hexa-core past 6.2Ghz is an achievement in my eyes. :clap:
I posted a link a while back when the 955 passed 7ghz but needed liquid helium to do so.. it had NO cold bug!! Along with being the first AMD chip to hit that mark! :shock:

Has an i7 or 980x made it past 7Ghz yet? If it has I wanna throw a grats towards that too, as it would be mighty impressive.

Top 980x is 6.8ghz, at least on HWBot.

Seeing a brand new cpu do 6.29ghz is very impressive. It took 980's a bit to get up there.

EDIT:
Dolk's getting a 1090T on Wednesday. I'm jealous.
$300 apparently, mighty cheap for a 6 core!

Last edited:
Top 980x is 6.8ghz, at least on HWBot.

Seeing a brand new cpu do 6.29ghz is very impressive. It took 980's a bit to get up there.

EDIT:
Dolk's getting a 1090T on Wednesday. I'm jealous.
$300 apparently, mighty cheap for a 6 core!

W00t for Dolky! Lucky bugger...:bday:
It's nice to see other hexa-cores available for less than 1/3 the price of the Intel offering. :p

Fud is Fud

No substance to the article or extra fodder here.
Someone socket one of these and load her up and show some numbers.
Besides, my LN2 supply dried up so hook a nice market cooler then we can play.

Guys, don't get too mad. He is probably just mad that his erection went away seeing a more than decent Amd offering.

But not to be a trool, note that this is on a GX board. We should see some nice results once say a Crosshair IV 890FX comes out. :drool:

Guys, don't get too mad. He is probably just mad that his erection went away seeing a more than decent Amd offering.

But not to be a trool, note that this is on a GX board. We should see some nice results once say a Crosshair IV 890FX comes out. :drool:

Yup, These intel fan :screwy::screwy:
Looking Really nice. Would like to see how it does on am2+mobo under water/air ;0 Go dolks GO!

Thx for trolling, if you have nothing nice to say.. don't say it at all.

It may not clock as high as the 955 on liquid nitrogen or liquid helium.. but seeing this hexa-core past 6.2Ghz is an achievement in my eyes. :clap:
I posted a link a while back when the 955 passed 7ghz but needed liquid helium to do so.. it had NO cold bug!! Along with being the first AMD chip to hit that mark! :shock:

Has an i7 or 980x made it past 7Ghz yet? If it has I wanna throw a grats towards that too, as it would be mighty impressive.

It really means nothing until we see benchmarks.:blah::blah:The Phenom II's overclock on extreme cooling very high but the DO NOT OUTPERFORM THE I7'S on stable use. Core for core the Phenom's really are not close to i7's so lets see some raw performance instead of bragging about a extreme overclock.. Intel Pwns AMD.... as usual...... Extreme overclock's mean absolutely nothing compared to raw performance.......... BTW... Intel's i7 series overclocks HIGHER on water and good air cooling than AMD....... It's not like us average users are going to run our CPU's at 6 + Ghz......Get it now?

I will bet AMD's 6 cores will not outperform th i7 series unless the CPU is really loaded. I love AMD Fanboi's:cry::cry::cry:. They sure are pationate about an extreme overclock rather than raw performance!!! LOL:blah::blah::blah:

Last edited:
hmm march 09 60 posts, not much to add....hmmm

i'm not sure this new chip is going to work on an AM2+ board, it might be a DDR3 only chip meaning AM3 only. i dont know for sure but it would not supprise me if it was that way

Don't feed the trolls, they will go away if you don't acknowledge their posts

I just cant believe that they are selling the black edition for 300 bucks (what does that get you in intel land?). As soon as I'm done saving up for textbooks next semester I'm picking one of these up right away! Guess im gona have to pickup extra hours at the library. I'm interested in seeing how DiRT2 and BFBC2 handle on this beast :drool:

drdeathx, I am about to be your Jake The Snake Roberts and you will be down for the count for the trolling in this thread.

Have a good vacation and I hope you feel better when you come back.

Regards,
mudd

OK guys, let's get this thread back on track. Normally I would delete the trolling, but I want to leave it up to let other people see that trolling will be dealt with harshly. Some people don't learn from their past mistakes I guess. :shrug:

well it seems, how ever reliable wikipedia is, that they did stick with the dual DDR2/3 interface. i had read some time back that even though it fits in the AM2+ socket some of their up comming processors would be strictly DDR3 AM3 processors not able to work in AM2+ but it seems thats changed...which is kind of nice, if you have the $300 to blow.

i guess in a given ammount of time the cost will come down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenom_II#Thuban

Well that's nice for Dolk benching wise and for others with the Am2+ boards, but as everyone expects, I'm sure Amd will begin to slowly fade out Am2+ so that people move to better (more expensive :D) 8 series chipsets and such. Just normal company things that they have to do to stay afloat.

Back