• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED What did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No pics, no build log. But...a :thup:to USPS and FedEx for showing at the same time.
Got Asrock Z170 Extreme 6
EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
2x8 GSkill Rip Jaw 3200
Samsung 950 Pro 512 NVME
and an i7 6700K

Lookin' forward to a relaxing day of geekin' out tomorrow :)

:pics:

New upgrade came in. I think I'll be good on the upgrades for a while now =P

I've always wanted a PCI-E SSD, and now I've got about 1TB of SSD space which should be pretty good for a while. And to think I wanted an iPad. Cost about $315 with shipping from Newegg, which is shocking considering Amazon usually beats newegg but not this time, Newegg was ~$70 cheaper.

AjzmcCy.jpg

1CP0u48.jpg

MMyTJoO.png

New upgrade came in. I think I'll be good on the upgrades for a while now =P

I've always wanted a PCI-E SSD, and now I've got about 1TB of SSD space which should be pretty good for a while. And to think I wanted an iPad. Cost about $315 with shipping from Newegg, which is shocking considering Amazon usually beats newegg but not this time, Newegg was ~$70 cheaper.

Please host your images local to the forum instead of on imgur.

Please host your images local to the forum instead of on imgur.

Why?

So I installed windows 7 on it, boots pretty fast. And then I hear it. A HORRIBLE nails-on-chalkboard electronics whine. Been trying to find out what it was for over an hour. Got a headache, cold sweats...

It wasn't my PSU, nor GPU, nor any of 15ish fans in my case.

It was my stupid HP LaserJet 1020Cw printer.

Oh my god. I plugged it in to install drivers on the new installation. It usually stays unplugged because it spools very loudly at random times. I eventually came down to my newest hardware change (the SSD) knowing this could not possibly make any noise, I turned off the computer to be sure. Still heard the awful high pitched scream. Turned off the ceiling fan. Nope. Finally the last electronic device in my room - the printer.

That thing is going in THE GARBAGE...

0727162208.jpg

So I bought a pile of these(every one Wal-Mart had), and I need a few more. I'm going to put a bunch of these together and create one largetable for my computer area.

View attachment 181602

So I bought a pile of these(every one Wal-Mart had), and I need a few more. I'm going to put a bunch of these together and create one largetable for my computer area.

How many? And I can't picture what configuration you would use? Are you doing to stack them? No you said large table right? .... What will you do with a large knee high table.... You've got my interest I guess :)

I'm wondering if he's going to take them apart and use the parts to create his table. A nice DIY project.

Well I currently bought 4 and have 2 more on the way. The plan is a knee high L shaped table. I prefer to sit on the floor instead of a chair. Stacking them is an interesting thought though may have to consider this. Don't want to turn this into too big of a project though because I am in the middle of designing my first custom case build.

Last edited:
Well I currently bought 4 and have 2 more on the way. The plan is a knee high L shaped table. I prefer to sit on the floor instead of a chair. Stacking them is an interesting thought though may have to consider this. Don't want to turn this into too big of a project though because I am in the middle of designing my first custom case build.

Hmmm...custom case build you say. Made from wood? :) Probably not but I look forward to reading it anyway. I was looking at how the legs angle outward and wonder if you will have a hard time getting a flush table that way. I have some ideas how to overcome that that I will share if you run into that trouble. I dont know about working on the floor though.... Id need a beanbag chair or something! GLWYT (good luck with your table)

The picture of the legs is a little deceiving. They do not extend beyond the table edge so they but up against each other nicely.

As for the case build still in the design phase but I'm looking to convert the stand for my 1260 rad into a bench table.

Will get pictures of both projects up as I go.

I was imagining the traditional Asian dinner table style with pillows.

Exactly,

Blaylock is probably correct about the ages though as well. We will just have to find him a Yoga for Beginners book, it will get him limber and spry like he was 20 again:D

So I got the four tables together and hardware set up to see if I like it. Bi think I'm going to add one more table and use the extra I ordered elsewhere unless I try stacking some. Don't mind the mess this was just test fitting of the equipment.

0728161907a.jpg

Back