• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i5 6600K / i7 6700K OC results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am currently at 4.6GHz with 1.325V with my i7-6700K. Should I push for 4.7?

Last edited:
Right now I stay under 68C while strest testing with AIDA64. I'll push for 4.7-4.8 and see where I can get

Not sure where you got the 1.42 number from. Msi states 1.48 and intel states 1.52 the 90 temp is correct though. https://gaming.msi.com/article/skyl...247-air-water-and-sub-zero-cooling-oc-results

- - - Updated - - -

Any ways. I went ahead and turned hyperthreading off as it gives almost zero performance gain in gaming and sometimes hurts fps. I was able to get 4.9 out of my chip now with a voltage of 1.45 and the temps are cooler then when I had it at 4.8 with 1.40v with hyperthreading on.

That number came from ASUS, which they said came from Intel... it was in the reviewers packet on release. ;)

Hey guys just joined I got my i5 6600k to [email protected] 24/7 stable. Hasn't had 1 BSOD or crashes in just over 1month of use, after reading this thread I'm curious what my chip can actually do if I push it to a 1.4v limit so it seems pretty safe to have a 24/7 OC @ 1.4v?

http://valid.x86.fr/nbm7u1

Its Aircooled with the Noctua NH-D15; idles around 35 degrees and under normal load 50 degrees and under stress test it will hit 70 degrees but that will be a bit lower when my 4 pin fan hub comes in so my 3 case fans work.

I wouldn't push 1.4v for 24/7 usage. Just for benching... my 2 cents ;)

What's wrong with 1.4v 24/7 ? max safe is 1.42v and max absolute is 1.52v, as long as temps are under control, it shouldn't be an issue :confused:

As was said before, 1.4V is fine 24/7. See my post above. :)

Once I get my 3 case fans working (Cooler master case 5, 5 case fans) I'll push it up and test it out.

I got a couple questions:

I tested this first on Prime95 CPU/Cache stress test for 10hours and it didnt crash when I initially got it, I now know P95 probably not the best so what you guys recommend? Aida 64? etc

Also I still haven't tinkered with CPU Ring Ratio, how important is getting your ring ratio up to clock speed? Any more tips on ring ratio?

Realbench, AIDA64's test (check off FPU ONLY), or P95 is fine.

Ring ratio really isn't important at all performance wise. I leave it.

Looks like I found my sweet spot for now.

goodasitgets.jpg

Tried upping the multi to 47, BSOD loading programs.

My temps say I could try 1.4+ but my nerves say 4.737ghz on 1.36v 24/7 is awesome enough.

Try Realbench before you change, it uses AVX/x264/heavy multitasking, i can get mine stable for anything except AVX/x264 at 4.7/4.7 1.33v BUT need 1.39v to pass it.

Realbench seems good but on some setups it's crashing even when hardware is stable. It's using couple of applications to perform tests and these applications are using additional system files, drivers etc. Simply if something isn't working good on the OS side then Realbench will cause issues. It also doesn't like some graphics cards.
Simply if it runs stable at stock settings then it should be good for tests but if you start to test overclocked PC it and you see weird errors then back to stock and check if it's not the application itself and not your hardware.

You need to run it as admin and i had to take ownership of the folder its in at one point (even though it was on root on my games SSD) or it wouldn't load the video routine. Switched back from Win10 to Win8.1 for driver trials and stopped having problems altogether if it helps any :(

Realbench.jpg

Last edited:
I thought that is how one stress tests anyway... makes sure they are stable at stock, then overclocks and tests again. ;)

Back